Notifications
Clear all

What Finally Worked For Me

MemberMember
(@tlm)

Posted : 05/18/2013 9:59 am

I developed nodulo cystic acne in my mid 20s. I would have a continual 1-3 cysts, usually on my face along or under my lower jaw. On the advice of physicians, dermatologists, and the internet, I tried washes, topical antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, oral antibiotics, more bathing, and less bathing. None of these made more than a minor difference. I never tried accutane; I was afraid.

My first big break came when I started making dietary modifications for one month at a time. I am reasonably fit, eat minimal processed food and not that much sugar. So, I figured that if there was a dietary cause, the solution would be a small change. I tried many things without much success, and then I stopped drinking milk. The effect was almost immediate. Before, I would go to work feeling oil ooze from my freshly washed face; that feeling disappeared within days. While my acne didn't go away, it was reduced by probably 80%. Severe acne went from being routine to an occasional annoyance.

The second big break came from a new physician friend. The friend recommended twice weekly bleach baths. Add 1/4 C of bleach to a warm bath, soak for a while, rinse the bleach off, and then rehydrate your skin with good lotion. I started doing this almost a year ago. Since then, I've had only 1 cyst, and it was at the site of a previous infection. The only downside is that you sometimes smell like you've been to the pool. Also, bleach is cheap.

It took me a decade to get to this point. I hope you find your solution sooner. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@brissyguy)

Posted : 05/21/2013 11:05 am

I was going to come down very heavy handed on this post simply with 'bleach is a poison'.

However, I failed to find a health hazards section on wikipedia and online information is seeminly scarce.

You shouldn't mix bleach with ammonia or with other liquids but I do think 1/4 a cup is a huge amount.

I'm glad its helped you but I think this sends the wrong message to younger members or those who are in dire situations.

MemberMember
(@ivyagogo)

Posted : 03/31/2014 10:15 pm

My son just took his first bleach bath tonight. I'm glad to hear it worked for you. I'm hopeful it will help him as well.

This was recommended by my son's dermatologist. It is really a very small concentration of bleach - no more that they have in a chlorinated swimming pool.

MemberMember
(@streetwaver)

Posted : 04/12/2014 3:24 pm

Never heard of a bleach bath before, but I'm glad it's working for you. Sounds a little spooky to me personally.