Really Dry-Two Mont...

Notifications
Clear all

Really Dry-Two Months Into The Regimen

MemberMember
(@ghiggz)

Posted : 05/05/2013 2:21 pm

So I've been on the Regimen since early March, and my skin is relatively clear these days so I'm pretty happy about that. However, I'm having some problems with dryness and flakiness. I've started using significantly less BP, but whenever I wash my face with Dan's cleanser my skin still gets super dry and flaky, so I've been using more and more of Dan's moisturizer and jojoba oil, which do a pretty good job of hiding the flakes once I put it on, but I'm beginning to think the flakes are more from the jojoba oil and moisturizer rather than the BP. Plus, the moisturizer makes my skin look yellowish.

I'm wondering if I should maybe try a different moisturizer, but I'm a little hesitant to because, despite all the problems with flakiness, Dan's has managed to keep me clear and, according to Dan, there are comedogenic ingredients in most of the alternatives, like Cetaphil and CeraVe. What do you guys think?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/06/2013 12:58 am

Though I have never tried Dan's moisturizer, I really really do love my cetaphil lotion as my night time moisturizer. I lather it all over my face and when I wake up in the morning my skin feels and looks so much better. I'm sure other people prefer Cerave, but Cetaphil hasn't broken me out since I started the regimen last January.

MemberMember
(@ghiggz)

Posted : 05/06/2013 7:29 am

I might have to give that Cetaphil a shot then. I'm guessing the Cetaphil lotion you use is the "Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion?" Or is it one of their other moisturizers?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 05/06/2013 8:03 am

I agree with you that's Dans moisturizer has helped to get you clear because I found the same. But I find that cetaphil moisturizing lotion is much more moisturizing. I sometimes use both. Cetaphil at night and then dans during the day. Aha will also help with dryness if you decide to give it a go.

Congrats on getting clear! :)