Notifications
Clear all

Holiday Indulgence!compensation- Please Help!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/26/2013 11:28 am

hi!

i'm posting,on behalf of anyone who's about to travel or be somewhere(in a place or situation) where following a healthy diet can be impossible.

i've seen a similar post but that was meant for addressing topical changes and routine to follow when travelling..am yet to see one on diet,which equally important.

the span is ofcourse a few days or a week or some more time.

but even that can be bothering,not just psychologically but internally/externally!

when travelling specially on a holiday to a new place,we not only try new cuisine is restaurants but also have our own spicy/oily rich dishes for celebration.

all these not only includes wheat(for those on gluten-free diet),oily-spicy food but also allergic food.

now avoiding allergic food items is a must because it's serious i suppose.

but foods which doesnt harm u immediately but are unhealthy in general AND/OR not part of ur daily diet.

how do you detoxify simultaneously on those days itself or atleast lessen the negative effect to some extent?

OR

after those days,when u're back anything u'd do to undo what has been done?crazy.gif

fasting is an easy answer but i dont advocate it.it's not a long term solution..infact its bad in many ways i think.

next is having apple diet or raw food.the later is a fine thing but always not applicable,specially if u live with others.or in a joint family.

i thing i can think of is #green tea(cinnamon added preferably) which will detoxify to a certain effect.

another would be #warmhot water after meals to help in easy digestion.its also said to have an cutting effect on fatty and oily food.# cinnamon stick to chew on for insulin issues.

please add ur opinions and remedies.

thanks,

aanarolleyes.gif

also,does having a lil' more oil(than usual) for a few days too bad??

restaurants wont really cook me boiled food or sauteed food.

they would be fried or curry with oil or ghee if not deep frying always!!

*sigh*

holidaying is no more fun in my life.

or am i wrong in over-worrying about diet even on a holiday??

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 04/26/2013 2:17 pm

I'd say you're over-stressing yourself needlessly.

Attaining good nutrition is easy. But people can take it to the extreme and become obsessed with attaining the unattainable goal of 'perfect' nutrition.

If you feel the need to research and restrict your diet, it's best to do it methodically, so you have a clear understanding of what if any food is causing you discomfort.

Finally, remember that even if someone has perfect nutrition, they could die tomorrow crossing the street. Try and be satisfied with who you are and what you're doing today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/26/2013 2:29 pm

I'd say you're over-stressing yourself needlessly.

Attaining good nutrition is easy. But people can take it to the extreme and become obsessed with attaining the unattainable goal of 'perfect' nutrition.

If you feel the need to research and restrict your diet, it's best to do it methodically, so you have a clear understanding of what if any food is causing you discomfort.

Finally, remember that even if someone has perfect nutrition, they could die tomorrow crossing the street. Try and be satisfied with who you are and what you're doing today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed.

thanks.

its stressful.

am probably just freakout pointlessly.

but the thought of breaking out again is scary.

also,i dnt have much craves.i would anyway prefer health food anyday(unlike many who force it)..so the only problem is the unavailability when on holiday.not the sacrifice.

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/26/2013 6:32 pm

Sweetheart, please see this as an opportunity to fully enjoy your vacation. If you take probiotics, you'll really have nothing to worry about. Act within reason. During times of stress(which vacation can be) the body, and adrenal glands need extra nutrients, usually in the form of refined, sugary, and fat laden foods. This is controversial, but a lot of people are rather novice in their knowledge here. I could write at length but, the increased need for these foods is valid. Cholesterol creates the building blocks for hormones, and one of the best ways to increase cholesterol is through saturated fat. During times of the stress the adrenal glands go into an incredibly increased state of action. The adrenal glands are the backbone of your entire endocrine system. During this time your sympathetic system is almost entirely activated, which make foods, especially foods high in fiber and water content incredibly hard to digest. Due to this decrease in digestive activity, eating foods that are refined and of little fiber are much more easy to digest. The adrenal glands are also produce aldosterone, a hormone responsible for regulating your mineral levels, namely sodium and potassium. The body becomes less effecient at retaining minerals, especially sodium. Refined grains, are the most powerful way for your body to retain minerals, especially sodium. Avoiding foods that are high in potassium help this process(fish,vegetables,fruit). Due to the increased stress on the adrenal glands, the thyroid becomes more sluggish at converting T4 into active T3 hormone, and it's demands for glucose become greater, and sugar is the best remedy for this. So collectively, the more stressed out state the body is the more it's demands for refined grains, sugar(glucose), and saturated fats become. This sounds odd, but really the best remedy for a highly stressed body which often times comes with going on vacation due is to eat so called "unhealthy" foods. Foods that are rich, highly palatable, like pastas, sugary beverages, breads, cakes, salty chips, fries, burgers, and fatty meat. Really whatever you so truely desire during that time.

I know people might find this bewildering, but if you have extremely in-depth knowledge of endocrinolgy, what I have stated in brief is fact, and if you'd like more in depth information I can provide this. I've merely provided the most surface but correct analysis of this subject.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 04/27/2013 1:25 am

Sweetheart, please see this as an opportunity to fully enjoy your vacation. If you take probiotics, you'll really have nothing to worry about. Act within reason. During times of stress(which vacation can be) the body, and adrenal glands need extra nutrients, usually in the form of refined, sugary, and fat laden foods. This is controversial, but a lot of people are rather novice in their knowledge here. I could write at length but, the increased need for these foods is valid. Cholesterol creates the building blocks for hormones, and one of the best ways to increase cholesterol is through saturated fat. During times of the stress the adrenal glands go into an incredibly increased state of action. The adrenal glands are the backbone of your entire endocrine system. During this time your sympathetic system is almost entirely activated, which make foods, especially foods high in fiber and water content incredibly hard to digest. Due to this decrease in digestive activity, eating foods that are refined and of little fiber are much more easy to digest. The adrenal glands are also produce aldosterone, a hormone responsible for regulating your mineral levels, namely sodium and potassium. The body becomes less effecient at retaining minerals, especially sodium. Refined grains, are the most powerful way for your body to retain minerals, especially sodium. Avoiding foods that are high in potassium help this process(fish,vegetables,fruit). Due to the increased stress on the adrenal glands, the thyroid becomes more sluggish at converting T4 into active T3 hormone, and it's demands for glucose become greater, and sugar is the best remedy for this. So collectively, the more stressed out state the body is the more it's demands for refined grains, sugar(glucose), and saturated fats become. This sounds odd, but really the best remedy for a highly stressed body which often times comes with going on vacation due is to eat so called "unhealthy" foods. Foods that are rich, highly palatable, like pastas, sugary beverages, breads, cakes, salty chips, fries, burgers, and fatty meat. Really whatever you so truely desire during that time.

I know people might find this bewildering, but if you have extremely in-depth knowledge of endocrinolgy, what I have stated in brief is fact, and if you'd like more in depth information I can provide this. I've merely provided the most surface but correct analysis of this subject.

So when stressed= eat more junk food is okay?

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/27/2013 5:18 am

It sounds strange, but yes if your body so desires. Learning to rely on our body's biochemical feedback can be tremendously helpful in getting into balance. With that being said, the goal of a lot of people is to cure acne and eating junkfood will not reduce acne lesions but probably promote new acne. It depends what your long term goals are. Coming into balance requires a program that is flexible. Nothing is static, and a lot of people come in here, and recommend a program which is static.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/27/2013 10:53 am

i can understand the logic behind body craving for refined stuff and sugar when stressed.

i also understand that eating junk isnt going to help acne in any way.

so u guess the safe side would be to indulge in cheat meals but in moderation.

i'm glad to say that i dnt have a sweet tooth.in fact i dnt like things that are too sweet.

but i've always like fried stuff or curries which are rich in ghee,spices etc.

i have quit mutton though.

they say its bad for heart.

am not sure its got much to do with skin.

and thank u once again for explaining things to me so beautifully!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:31 am

and hey!i dont take probiotics.

home made yogurt are good but am not sure abt them.

anything else that has same or similar effect of probiotic?

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/27/2013 2:02 pm

Yogurt is a great source of natural probiotics!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/28/2013 3:44 am

but it's dairy right.

i'd done a test.

i'd quit yogurt(home made,no added sugar) for a mnth.

i did have two zits that mnth before my periods.

which i suppose was nothing related.

then,after a month i added it in my diet.

had it for 2-3 days twice a day.but dint really breakout from it.

stopped again for a week and then when i started it for 2-3 days.i saw tiny sharp whiteheads.

am not sure if it was the yogurt or something else.

so i dnt have it now.

i usually had it in my fruit salad.

i mean to give it a try soon.after i come back from the trip.

trying now sounds risky.=/

i dnt wanna break out..i already am having a few heads i dnt know for what!