Acutane For Extreme...

Notifications
Clear all

Acutane For Extremely Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@viki90)

Posted : 04/21/2013 3:01 pm

Hi, I was wondering wheter anyone has been prescribed Acutane for oily skin? Mine is really oily all over the body... Doctors told me that I have enlarged pores and acne usually develops there.. Lately I have been reading thru the Internet and I might have those bloody sebaceous filaments all over my body - its mostly on my chest which drives me nuts cos its in every hair on my chest... So I'd like to ask whether anyone used Acutane for that purpose. My doctor told me that Acutane is only for really bad acne which I do not have. I have bad acne but not like cysts and nodules etc. Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@viki90)

Posted : 04/24/2013 8:47 am

Hi, I have got some pics for you... Every my pore is blocked with this stuff. I dont no what my condition is cause the doctors just said oily skin... But if I press it out, this comes out and it's top is a hair.. SO its like a grain of sth with a hair... Could anyone help how to treat this? I have that literally all over me. :(

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 05/06/2013 10:12 pm

i feel like if you kind of asked for accutane they wouldn't totally object

but i'm sure there are other treatments for extremely oily skin

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 05/07/2013 3:18 am

What kind of body wash do you use?

MemberMember
(@viki90)

Posted : 05/10/2013 3:35 pm

Hey berserkaf, well I tried loads of them and nothing has worked... Cos now my skin is so sensitive after trying the BP so for example If I wear a bag on my shoulder it peeling like crazy... And now I have been having the peeling skin for like 2 weeks. But still, under the peeling the skin is oily ....:( and I have been moisturizing it a lot...

Hey Oilygirl1980, well for face I use Bioderma Sebium gel moussant and for the body I have been using Palmolive naturals shower gel milk.. It's moisturizing, with aloe Vera and vitamin E plus milk extract... But no results can be seen... And when I have just had a shower, I have to moisturizer cos my skin is soooooo dry after it. Absolutely incredibly. As a moisturizer I use excipial u hydrolotio...

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 05/11/2013 3:17 am

So you prompted me ro do some research on these sebaceous filaments and it turns out, what i thought was blackheads that just wouldnt produce anything when i tried to extract them are really just these filaments. Interesting. Im going to cool it on the nosestrips now that i know this.

I did read a lot of sites that have delivered some bad news. It seems that there is now way to fix them. Which is a bummer.

I use johnson and johnsons moisture care baby wash or baby oil body wash. I am very oily but i do get dry unless i use these. I researched your body soap and was surprised that the ingredients are not bad at all. It does have a sulfate in it but its the one thats less bad than the other sulphate detergents.

These filaments seem like they are not fixable but i have one suggestion that might help i hope. Aztec secret indian healing clay. I use this on my face once every two weeks and i really love it. Its the only mask ive tried that actually does what it says it will. Other clay masks have crap ingredients, the peel off kind doesnt do shit other than make my skin red and irritated, probably because of all the fragrances. I know some might say im nuts, but for a few days after using it, my pores are smaller and visibly look cleaner and are more the same color as my skin. The pore size doesnt last for longer but im pulling way smaller blackheads out now. And now that i know i have these filaments, it works on those a bit too. Like i said, its not permanent but even a reduction in the appearance is a blessing. Maybe give it a shot on your chest?

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 05/20/2013 1:42 pm

Oily skin is usually caused by hormones. Everyday we are exposed to pesticides, herbicides, car fumes and plastics. These all contain toxic chemicals that can mess with our bodies hormones. Plastics contain xenoestrogen(bad estrogen) that can cause a multitude of health problems. Excessive amounts of estrogen can cause oily skin and acne. When one hormone is out of whack the rest will be too.

I'm not saying everyone's acne is the cause of xenoestrogen but, it's worth looking into.

Natural supplements like DIM or broccoli pills can help.

Vitex(chasteberry) is great for womens hormone health

Before jumping into hormonal treatment it's always good to start taking a womens multi vitamin for a month to see if that helps first.