Notifications
Clear all

Nightmares About Acne

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/13/2013 10:11 pm

Have you guys ever had nightmares or dreams about acne? I always get these nightmares where I have acne or scarring that is worse than what I have in real life (but the kind I have currently is pretty bad enough so you can imagine I looked like a monster in my dream) and I would always end up crying in my dream and it would feel so real. Then I would wake up and wonder if I actually cried in my sleep or not :/

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 04/14/2013 1:07 am

I have the EXACT same dreams. Every nightmare I have about my skin involves me realizing that it looks way worse than it normally does in real life. Like I'm talking hideous sideshow freak stuff that scares me shitless and makes me panic. I guess it's insecurity/fear bleeding over into the subconscious. I hate dreams like that.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 04/14/2013 4:11 am

ive had this dream too, ive also had happy dreams where I suddenly remember that I have acne and the dream sort of falls apart, it sucks because its all I ever think about when I'm awake and now I cant even escape it when i'm asleep :-/

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 04/16/2013 11:31 pm

Naw my dreams are mostly awesome. Like I dream about being social, having friends, and doing sh*t I dont do in real life. The messed up part is waking up in the morning knowing it was all just a dream. Then having to drag my ass out of bed and go to work and face the day.

MemberMember
(@pamphilia)

Posted : 04/18/2013 9:19 pm

I just talked briefly about my nightmares in my own post. I have no pimples but I do have several hyperpigmentations. I have nightmares that I get out of bed and look in the mirror and lots of pimples are there. But I also think about this for 100% of the time I am awake. I cannot stop looking at and thinking about my face skin. I am aware i should seek help. My doctor suggested I do yoga. That may be helpful for you. I run 7 miles a day and it's the only thing that keeps me remotely sane.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 04/18/2013 10:54 pm

Yes, only once though. Maybe 5-6 months ago I had this horrible and very lucid dream that I had acne conglobata. In the dream I was looking at myself in my bathroom mirror and I had large nodular cystic pimples all over my entire face, neck and shoulders and my chest was covered in red crusty scars and cysts that were forming sinus tracks. It was so realistic I could have sworn it was real (the detailing in the dream was uncanny).

It scared the Hell out of me, I think I might have even cried a bit by the time I woke up.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 04/18/2013 11:18 pm

Glad some one brought this topic up, yes actually I find that many time's I'm in a dream. Everything is ok in the beginning but after a bit, I'm not sure why but I remember I have acne and that's when everything starts to turn sour lol. The most memorable dream I can think of, about when this happened. Was the time I dreamt of being in London, defiantly was somewhere in Britain. I was on a British style double decker bus taking some kind of tour around the city, it was great while I was on the bus... but when I step outside I pictured people giving me funny looks. at first I was confused why that was, until I remembered oh yeah I have acne confused.gif. From that point on that was pretty much all I could think about until I woke up. amazing how much our experiences can effect us so much, just goes to show that all that abuse we take from people really does a number on us. can't even have peace in my dreams!

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/11/2013 8:54 am

I just wanted to update this topic up. I had two acne dreams in two nights in a row! I'm pretty sure I cried in my sleep because when I woke up, I felt my eyes were more humid. It's sad that I can't escape it even in my sleep!!

Yes, only once though. Maybe 5-6 months ago I had this horrible and very lucid dream that I had acne conglobata. In the dream I was looking at myself in my bathroom mirror and I had large nodular cystic pimples all over my entire face, neck and shoulders and my chest was covered in red crusty scars and cysts that were forming sinus tracks. It was so realistic I could have sworn it was real (the detailing in the dream was uncanny).

It scared the Hell out of me, I think I might have even cried a bit by the time I woke up.

MemberMember
(@bodysnxtcher)

Posted : 05/11/2013 9:29 am

i've had what seems like the opposite- dreams of looking in the mirror and having the most beautiful, clear, porcelain skin ever.. i think i even cried in this dream i was so happy that i couldn't believe my eyes. then i woke up, and felt incredibly disappointed. ahh.. so bad.

also i always seem to have dreams about acne after certain days of obsessing over finding a new regimen or supplement or something and having a lot of hope that it will work. weird..

MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 05/11/2013 3:27 pm

I am almost certain that I've never dreamt of acne.

To me, sometime I blame acne to the frustrations in my life because it's apparent and superficial, but deep down I know there's ton of other problems going on that I don't know how to resolve; those problems sometime creep into my dreams, but then I am not the type of person that always dreams of what's on my mind. I just dream of random stuff that I don't consciously think of.

If there's a "type" of dream that strikes me... it would be a "theme" of loneliness, non-acceptance, and nothingness.

MemberMember
(@ryu87)

Posted : 05/11/2013 3:56 pm

I have the EXACT same dreams. Every nightmare I have about my skin involves me realizing that it looks way worse than it normally does in real life. Like I'm talking hideous sideshow freak stuff that scares me shitless and makes me panic. I guess it's insecurity/fear bleeding over into the subconscious. I hate dreams like that.

Me too, my skin looks even worse in the dreams... redness in particular!

MemberMember
(@someclearday)

Posted : 05/12/2013 9:16 am

It depends how my skin is in real life. If I have good skin I dream about bad skin, but if I have a huge breakout I dream that I'm clear and wake up hugely disappointed.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 05/14/2013 12:44 am

Strangely enough i've had a couple of these recently. Eatting before bed usually sparks this type of dreaming, atleast for me.