Notifications
Clear all

What To Wash My Beard With?

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 04/06/2013 2:27 am

I've grown a pretty thick beard as of late, and its done its job. Much of my nodules and cysts are covered under a jungle of strawberry blonde face fuzz.

However because I decided to temporally go back on antibiotic cream/BP because of the pain I was experiencing with these lesions, my beard and skin are a flakey mess. I need to use some type of anti-dandruff shampoo but I do not want to use anything harsh.

Any ideas?

MemberMember
(@asker)

Posted : 04/06/2013 5:14 am

I recommend tea-tree oil shampoo. It's anti-dandruff and all natural, plus benefits of tea tree oil for skin are well-known.

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 04/06/2013 5:34 pm

I've looked into that but all the tea tree shampoos i've seen have SLS in them, or coconut oil and botanicals that are rated pretty high on the comedogenic scale.

I just stumbled upon a product on Amazon that looks good but I wanted to ask you guys what you think? It's called Bluebeards beard wash, and its only ingredients seem to be aloe and lime....its simple and has great reviews. I have some beard dandruff and I don't want to exacerbate my skin problem by applying a whole plethora of chemicals to my face right now.