2 Months In Not Bet...

Notifications
Clear all

2 Months In Not Better? What Can I Expect?

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/04/2013 7:18 am

I know it takes some time for some people to actually clear, but I'm at 2 months now and my face is still breaking out with new pimples every day. It turned from several large pimples on my cheeks to a clusterduck of pimples that are just forming all over my cheeks I mean you could map constellations on my cheeks, not to mention the dark marks ... Just wondering how much longer will I be continuing to breakout before I see some definite results. Many of my old pimples are taking FOREVER to diminish in size, it took pretty much 2 months for my old acne to start to flatten, but it still looks like a raised dark bump (people have asked me if I have burn marks on my face =[). Tired of going out with my face looking all greasy, oily from moisturizing/jojoba and still full of pimples. People tend to give me more second looks and are less friendly to me (it's like they don't want to interact with me like I'm some kind of monster) despite me trying to maintain my confidence it's really starting to destroy me inside as well.

How fast do people really clear doing the DKR will I be seeing results in a week/month/perhaps more?, because honestly the regimen what to expect page says I should be clearing up SOMEWHAT at this point with mild acne, now I am more of a moderate-severe. I will remain diligent and still continue with the regimen (just received my second order) so I am now starting my 3rd month. Just trying to see if there's any hope for us acne sufferers out there!

My diet is not so great, but I am on a budget I limit all the processed foods I eat, I rarely ever drank milk in my life, been incorporating vitamins, fish oil capsules, and fruits as an addition to my diet. I never pick my face, except there are times when I'm cleansing gently and these big puss filled whiteheads pop with blood coming out afterwards. I'm pretty sure my face has gotten used to the bp, although I still get dry and flake sometimes. Should I be upping the bp amount? Would putting extra BP on these big active pimples help reduce their size or cause more irritation? I am really motivated to beat acne and do not want to lose out on enjoying my life to the fullest (yes I'm sorry I feel like without acne I could be more confident with less worry about how awful my acne problem is).

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/04/2013 8:27 am

Please keep in mind that the regimen is a slow process, like any other acne treatment. Depending on the severity of your acne, will determine the length of time it takes for the regimen to work. I had severe acne and the regimen works best of any acne treatment I've done, but it took almost 6 months for me to get clear skin. Please try not to put yourself on a time line and just allow the regimen to work its magic. Just stick to the regimen to the T and you will see progress. If, by the 6th month you do not see significant improvement, then you should see a dermatologist for strong treatment options, such as accutane. However, accutane should be a last resort, when all options have been exhausted. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress!! smile.png

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/04/2013 4:39 pm

Honestly can't really afford to see a dermatologist, try accutane, I have put all my hopes on the DKR and I am ready to fight this for as long as it takes. I just needed a pick-me-up I guess. After a night's sleep I feel much better, who knows how today will affect me though. I'm gonna continue to use DKR because honestly it's all I got and I am never gonna give up. Will give it at least 2 more months. Damn, acne just fucks up my thinking.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/05/2013 9:19 am

Totally understandable ninjawizard... It's hard not to get discouraged when you don't see immediate gratification for your efforts, but trust me, the time and patience is worth it in the end... Just got to keep pressing on... and when you are feeling down, we will always be here to pick you up once again... You aren't alone in your battle with acne... Like a platoon squadron, we stick together!!! :) Chin up luv, it does get better... :)

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/06/2013 1:04 am

I love these forums and all the people that give me support I hope they know that it goes both ways. THIS IS ONE SOLDIER REPORTING FOR DOODY! We gonna take this acne out with gentle force and win this warrrr!

Totally understandable ninjawizard... It's hard not to get discouraged when you don't see immediate gratification for your efforts, but trust me, the time and patience is worth it in the end... Just got to keep pressing on... and when you are feeling down, we will always be here to pick you up once again... You aren't alone in your battle with acne... Like a platoon squadron, we stick together!!! smile.png Chin up luv, it does get better... smile.png

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 04/06/2013 3:48 pm

If you are following it step by step, here is what you can expect: http://www.acne.org/regimen#expected-improvements

Let's make sure you are doing everything correctly. Please take this quiz. http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php

And read through the biggest mistakes: http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/06/2013 4:44 pm

If you are following it step by step, here is what you can expect: http://www.acne.org/regimen#expected-improvements

Let's make sure you are doing everything correctly. Please take this quiz. http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php

And read through the biggest mistakes: http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

brandy I have viewed each of those pages like constantly everyday times hence my frustration.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/09/2013 8:43 pm

You could look into alternative solutions. 2 months is a long time not to see any results. A strong antibacterial compound like BP might not stop the cause of the acne for a couple reasons - the infection could be too deep in the follicles, or it might not be bacterial (although BP does have slight activity against fungi). There are many approaches to solving acne, and while a blanket approach such as BP might be effective for a majority of people, it is likely that it will not be effective for all acneiform skin conditions.

You can describe your condition more if you'd like. If you do, be sure to include things like what your tongue looks like, lifestyle, overall body health, locations of acne, description of the actual lesions (and if there is more than one type of lesion), and what you have tried other than the DKR.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/10/2013 12:23 am

I know, its so frustrating right? I can remember getting the kit in the mail and being so excited that FINALLY I was going to beat this dreaded acne curse but I found that following the regimen was really tough. In the first 4 weeks my skin was worse than ever...still breaking out but add to that a red baboon face and dry flaky skin. Not to mention the constant burning sensation.....

But like you I was determined to see it through and I just took it one week at a time. And believe me, it does and will get better for you. If you are following the steps perfectly (and it sounds like you are if you've studied every page on this site on a daily basis ;) ) then it can't help but start to work eventually.

I like your attitude. No one can be positive every day, but so long as you don't give into negative thoughts and wallow in self pity but manage to pick yourself back up in a day or two then the battle over acne is half won don't you think? I can't wait to hear from you in another month when you're telling us that you skin is finally starting to clear :)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Oh, and just in case you haven't started to use it yet, AHA+ may just help you get over the line.

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/10/2013 4:43 am

You could look into alternative solutions. 2 months is a long time not to see any results. A strong antibacterial compound like BP might not stop the cause of the acne for a couple reasons - the infection could be too deep in the follicles, or it might not be bacterial (although BP does have slight activity against fungi). There are many approaches to solving acne, and while a blanket approach such as BP might be effective for a majority of people, it is likely that it will not be effective for all acneiform skin conditions.

You can describe your condition more if you'd like. If you do, be sure to include things like what your tongue looks like, lifestyle, overall body health, locations of acne, description of the actual lesions (and if there is more than one type of lesion), and what you have tried other than the DKR.

never really been serious about anything besides the DKR which I just started 2 months ago*, I've taken antibiotics before, topicals like epiduo/differin which was prescribed to me by my dermatologist in intermediate school, proactiv, I consider all of these useless because I didn't really do my research learn how to apply the topicals or just didn't really have the patience to do it. My tongue I mean I just thought I had a normal tongue but not too sure, acne is located primarily on my face never had it anywhere else maybe like one time i had like 3 on my chest. I used to have a lot in the t-zone but years of picking just left some acne scars and no actives in that location, I just recently started breaking out like higher in my forehead, more on my cheeks, jawline. I'm not in shape not as great as before but I've never had any weight issues and I don't really eat alot of food. I weigh 140 lbs, currently the most I've ever been at I'm not tall 5'6 , I can still bench my own weight, do at least 10 pullups, do a 100 pushups easy, but this is just because I weigh little I think. Idk honestly I'm not as worse off as the average person that doesnt have acne, could be way better of course I admit but it's hard to take care of every aspect in your life when you have acne or financial problems to deal with. I mean I've had acne for 10 years never really got serious about fighting it till now, so I know it's gonna take time. What other options could I be looking towards besides the DKR, If it doesnt work for me I will definitely want to try and pursue something else. I been using BP for years so definitely if this DKR does not work for me I know I have to change something.

Ayeaye honestly I am a very impatient person, and many of the times I always got what I wanted in my life on my own terms with my own hard work. With acne though the problem was that I felt like I had no control you know? It's of course been a learning experience and the great feeling I originally had when I opened the box has been displaced with shitty feelings of despair when I saw no progress, I should know better but in the moment it's like damn, I mean I know looks shouldn't matter but I"m not a good looking person and now I have to suffer with acne? oh mah lantern. Well I'm gonna stick with it, and the day I become clear is the only day I think I'll honestly be idk happier? lol It's impossible for anyone to be positive every day, and you can't expect someone with acne to have it easier than someone who doesn't. It's a rollercoaster right now. Of breakouts and emotions. Thanks for the tips guys, will definitely try to stop whining and champ through this. I found this website for a reason I think, and I did my research I'm ready to end this ridiculousness right now.

MemberMember
(@mythos)

Posted : 04/10/2013 1:28 pm

I don't have any advice but I know that feel. I'm on week 7 of the regimen and my acne is still terrible. No improvement whatsoever. I'm just going to keep doing it because why not. Desperately hoping for some improvement in the next few weeks and I hope you see improvement too.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/10/2013 7:25 pm

Ninjawizard and Mythos, I would definitely look into other solutions. If you have no results 7+ weeks into treatment, it is unlikely that you will get results.

Try approaching acne from a different perspective: Acne is a warning to other people that something is wrong with you. It's a biological message in the absence of language that signals others to stay away. What makes your acne worse? What makes it better (time of year, location)? What is the form of the lesions themselves, and where do they occur? Do you have other health problems? Is your digestion healthy? Is your tongue pink? Acne comes in many varieties, is caused by many factors, and has many solutions.

In order to really fix the problem, you first have to know what the problem is. Yes, we all have acne. But that's just an umbrella term for 'idiopathic skin conditions that look kinda similar'.

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/10/2013 10:25 pm

Ninjawizard and Mythos, I would definitely look into other solutions. If you have no results 7+ weeks into treatment, it is unlikely that you will get results.

Try approaching acne from a different perspective: Acne is a warning to other people that something is wrong with you. It's a biological message in the absence of language that signals others to stay away. What makes your acne worse? What makes it better (time of year, location)? What is the form of the lesions themselves, and where do they occur? Do you have other health problems? Is your digestion healthy? Is your tongue pink? Acne comes in many varieties, is caused by many factors, and has many solutions.

In order to really fix the problem, you first have to know what the problem is. Yes, we all have acne. But that's just an umbrella term for 'idiopathic skin conditions that look kinda similar'.

well I still have a brand new bottle of bp, so until I run out of that the regimen is the only thing im doing. Yo mythos I read your post and yeah man I have similar acne, but instead of 10 actives I was having every week I have like 6 actives now. But the thing is my pimples itself takes a long time to get smaller and go away, and at that point I'm breaking out with another one right below it. Sucks, I think the only thing we can do at this point is to not give up. So I will stick with it since I paid for this new shipment, I'm about to start my 9th week and only now I am seeing minimal results. I don't understand what you mean quetzacoatl about approaching acne from a different perspective, already alot of my free time is spent thinking about acne and how to fight it. I get acne throughout the year, lesions form on my cheeks, now on my forehead (purging from dan's regimen), my digestion is not healthy but I am working on it, my tongue is pink, I do not have any other health problems. I'm pretty sure my acne is just hormonal. I read alot of reviews about how some people waited 3-4 months, I'm guessing in 1 year my skin will be completely clear, if not I just wasted all my time. Maybe there is something wrong with me. It's just so weird that if there is something wrong with me, that having alot of acne would be the greatest and only symptom. How lucky am i.

It's just like I'm clearing too slowly, and breaking out too often again. And these are not like the small pimples, these are like huge pimples with huge white heads (that I decided not to pop) I have like many marks dont even want to count, it seriously is a biological message for people to stay away, and I just want people to stay away honestly. fxck another shittay day

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/11/2013 7:27 am

I know what you mean when you say you're not in control of your acne. We can keep slim by moderating our food intake, fit by doing exercise etc but acne just feels like pure hard luck.

I'm also impatient. I went to the hairdressers today with a picture of J-lo. Told the girl I wanted a fringe (bangs) just like hers. Did I come out with hair just like hers? Yes. Did i come out looking like j-lo? No I bloody well didn't. What the hell? Life just sucks sometimes ;)

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/12/2013 1:59 am

Damn guess I was unlucky, only reason I got to work harder now I have high hopes that the regimen will produce great results. Life is all about the ups and downs. Only way to go from being down is up! Thanks for your support ayeaye I value everyones opinion with great respect. You may not have gotten that jlo bangs you wanted but you definitely have a big heart.