Spot Treating With ...

Notifications
Clear all

Spot Treating With Aha

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/02/2013 8:25 pm

I was wondering if any of you guys use AHA to spot treat? I saw a video where Dan uses AHA when he gets a spot but I was wondering in what order do I spot treat when I'm doing the regimen? After moisturizing? Before? A little info would be helpful to find out what works for you guys.

MemberMember
(@jasmyn)

Posted : 04/02/2013 11:04 pm

I believe you are supposed to do it before moisturizing but after applying the benzoil peroxide!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/03/2013 2:06 am

I believe you are supposed to do it before moisturizing but after applying the benzoil peroxide!

Have you tried it? Did it work?

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/03/2013 12:27 pm

On the rare occassion I do have a break out, I use AHA+ as a spot treatment before applying BP. I found it worked better that way, almost like a double agent... lol I just apply a tiny amount on the spot right after drying my face (make sure not to apply it any where else to avoid redness), wait 5 mins, apply BP, let dry, apply moisturizer and sun screen (day)/AHA (night). Depending on the severity of the spot, it would be gone in a few days... Bonus, no hyperpigmentation after the spot healed... Hope this helps... :)

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 04/03/2013 2:40 pm

^^^ same here. Do it before adding anything else if possible. And you can apply it about 3x a day (no more otherwise it will over dry the area and damage the skin, making it look a lot worse and take longer to heal).

The trick is to use it AS SOON as you feel a spot coming. Don't wait. If you catch it early enough it will stop it from forming. Best spot treatment ever. It really is a miracle.

MemberMember
(@jasmyn)

Posted : 04/03/2013 5:46 pm

Have you tried it? Did it work?

I haven't been using it for very long, but thats how I've been applying it.

On this video, one of the comments directly below asks the same question, and someone who works for this website said you are supposed to use it after bp.

:)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/03/2013 7:57 pm

Thanks for all the input. I will definitely give it a try. :) Hoping it goes away w/o leaving too much damage to the skin.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/03/2013 9:48 pm

I've never been successful with spot treating using AHA+. If anything I feel its made the pimple worse....but that could just all be in my head.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/04/2013 8:07 pm

AM:

I put a dab of AHA on the two spots I had after my face was dry from the shower. A few minutes later I added the BP and then my moisturizer. Then I added a little more AHA after moisturizing.

PM:

I dab the AHA on the two spots after washing my face. A few minutes later I added the BP and then slathered AHA all over my face. No moisturizer for tonight.

Good news guys! The cysts have went down dramatically. Wow. And they were pretty red the day before but right now they are back to the color of my skin. I feel so much better. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

MemberMember
(@fuze34)

Posted : 04/04/2013 11:16 pm

AM:

I put a dab of AHA on the two spots I had after my face was dry from the shower. A few minutes later I added the BP and then my moisturizer. Then I added a little more AHA after moisturizing.

PM:

I dab the AHA on the two spots after washing my face. A few minutes later I added the BP and then slathered AHA all over my face. No moisturizer for tonight.

Good news guys! The cysts have went down dramatically. Wow. And they were pretty red the day before but right now they are back to the color of my skin. I feel so much better. Thanks for the suggestions! smile.png

I have a question i know most of you who use AHA didn't start incorporating it into the regimen after 5-6 weeks. If i wanted to spot treat with it do i still have to wait that long?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/05/2013 12:52 am

AM:

PM:

Good news guys! The cysts have went down dramatically. Wow. And they were pretty red the day before but right now they are back to the color of my skin. I feel so much better. Thanks for the suggestions! smile.png

I have a question i know most of you who use AHA didn't start incorporating it into the regimen after 5-6 weeks. If i wanted to spot treat with it do i still have to wait that long?

I am assuming you are on the regimen. I do not recommend you do that because it will further dry and irritate your skin. It will be safer to use once your skin has gotten used to the BP and that would be after the one month mark already.

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 01/29/2014 5:41 pm

AM:

PM:

Good news guys! The cysts have went down dramatically. Wow. And they were pretty red the day before but right now they are back to the color of my skin. I feel so much better. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Hi nicmic, is it okay if i spot treat my blemishes with AHA, wait for 15 mins and then put on BP, wait for 15 mins again and then put on the half AHA and half moisturizer? Is it okay to spot treat every night before the regimen and the halfsies? Isn't it too much cause i put half AHA and half moisturizer after BP every night. I wanna get rid of these white heads its been 3 days theyre still here

MemberMember
(@nimblevesicle)

Posted : 01/30/2014 1:24 am

I also haven't had much success spot treating with AHA. I'm now trying 2.0% salicylic acid with 10% BP as a spot treatment, seems to work better than Dan's 2.5% BP and 10% AHA.

(Supposedly salicylic acid is oil soluble and the molecules are bigger, so they stay at the pimple to help unclog it and lets the BP absorb better).