Notifications
Clear all

Greasy Dryness

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/02/2013 2:49 am

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I have been using the jojoba oil with DKR moisturizer and yet my face is still dry! When I look in the mirror it looks like theres a thin slick of oil all over my face, but when I actually touch my skin it feels all crusty and dry? I would always apply more moisturizer, but just 1-2 hours later my face just looks greasy but feels all dry. It's like my skin doesn't properly absorb the moisturizer or jojoba oil, it just gets covered in a nice shiny oily slick. Any remedies?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/02/2013 2:57 am

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I have been using the jojoba oil with DKR moisturizer and yet my face is still dry! When I look in the mirror it looks like theres a thin slick of oil all over my face, but when I actually touch my skin it feels all crusty and dry? I would always apply more moisturizer, but just 1-2 hours later my face just looks greasy but feels all dry. It's like my skin doesn't properly absorb the moisturizer or jojoba oil, it just gets covered in a nice shiny oily slick. Any remedies?

How long have you been on the regimen?

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/02/2013 3:38 am

2months

Just got my jojoba oil yesterday tho, someone suggested to me that I use some jojoba oil and gently rub my face to exfoliate. I also just saw the thread on dryness itchiness so I right before I hit the shower I rubbed jojoba oil all over my face gently and alot of dead skin, old bp/moisturizer maybe, came off in clumps. I think my skin doesn't have great turnover and all that dead skin stopped the bp/moisturizer from absorbing properly? IDK IF ITS TRUE, but after my shower and cleansing I was putting bp on my face and It felt different like it was easier to spread/absorb. Whereas before when I applied bp it was like all watery/slippery glided off my skin, and some days it would be really hard to spread it around my face like just clump up. It kind of feels like I'm back to square one now.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/02/2013 4:26 am

2months

Just got my jojoba oil yesterday tho, someone suggested to me that I use some jojoba oil and gently rub my face to exfoliate. I also just saw the thread on dryness itchiness so I right before I hit the shower I rubbed jojoba oil all over my face gently and alot of dead skin, old bp/moisturizer maybe, came off in clumps. I think my skin doesn't have great turnover and all that dead skin stopped the bp/moisturizer from absorbing properly? IDK IF ITS TRUE, but after my shower and cleansing I was putting bp on my face and It felt different like it was easier to spread/absorb. Whereas before when I applied bp it was like all watery/slippery glided off my skin, and some days it would be really hard to spread it around my face like just clump up. It kind of feels like I'm back to square one now.

I haven't tried exfoliating with jojoba oil but sounds nice. I do use AHA every night with my moisturizer and jojoba oil and it has definitely helped with the dryness and flaking when I started. I've been on the regimen a little over 2 months and aside from the chemical exfoliating the AHA give me, I also use the St. Ives Apricot Scrub twice a week, just to help the AHA. I try to be very gentle when I do this so my skin doesn't get irritated.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 04/02/2013 5:34 am

Your skin is dry because you are using bp, not because your moisturizer isn't working. Is the oil on your face sebum or jojoba oil?

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/02/2013 3:46 pm

I would think that my skin would be dry cause of the bp, but the moisturizer is not working no matter how much I apply.

MemberMember
(@kelseylee)

Posted : 04/02/2013 5:50 pm

you could try shea butter. it doesn't break me out at all and will absorb into even the driest skin. Jojoba oil wouldn't really absorb for me either. Shea butter is extremely effective but some have reported it to be comedogenic, but most find it non comedogenic. also African Black Soap is a good alternative cleanser to bp w/similar effects.