How To Stop The Itc...

Notifications
Clear all

How To Stop The Itchiness!

MemberMember
(@burtsbee)

Posted : 03/31/2013 9:35 pm

Hi everyone, I am on my month and a half mark for the regimen. I'm 90% cleared, just have red marks and scars..

I want to continue with the regimen..however..i'm still experiencing severe itchiness! It really bothers me even when I'm trying to sleep!

I put on alot of moisturizer and I even cut down to using BP during nighttime only to try to stop the itchiness.

I have not exfoliated since I started the regimen..could that be it? Perhaps the dead skin cells are still there?

Or is it just because of the BP? I don't think I'm allergic to BP though..

I ordered the jojoba oil..hopefully that'll provide more moisture and stop my skin from being so sensitive?

I'm not exactly what would help stop this itchiness though...ugh!!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/02/2013 8:41 am

Hey burtsbee... Actually it's pretty normal to still be itchy a month and half into the regimen... I still experience itchy skin when I'm dry from 1)being dehydrated, 2) dry air, 3) not being vigilant about applying the regimen twice a day, every day... Eventually it will go away but you have to be patient. Jojoba oil will help tremendously to keep you moisturized while you are still adjusting to BP. Believe it or not, it can take up to six months for the dryness and itching to subside and your skin fully adjusts to BP. At least from my own experience and other veteran regimen users. If you are going to exfoliate, try adding AHA to the regimen now that you are past 5 weeks on the regimen. It will definitely help to exfoliate and retain your skin moisture, thus combating the itchy/dry skn combo. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress... :)