Notifications
Clear all

Afraid Of Wearing Contacts With Acne

MemberMember
(@liambrown25)

Posted : 03/28/2013 9:50 pm

Hi, I don't know how common this problem is but I'd like some help in any case. I have prescription contact lenses that improve my vision considerably, but I'm afraid of wearing them because it feels like my acne will be more exposed to everyone. I'm very OCD about how people see me and how I look in public. I've been wearing my glasses for the past few months as a sort of safety net because I feel it helps hide my acne, but I know I should really be wearing my contacts. Can anyone help me, maybe give me the courage to start wearing contacts again?

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/28/2013 11:23 pm

Hi,

As a fellow glasses wearer, I feel your pain. I never wear my contacts, even though I would LOVE to it's just I feel weird without my glasses on. Glasses are apart of who I am (I have been wearing them full time for 10 years). How do your glasses hide your acne? Is your acne on the side of your face? Maybe start wearing your contacts at home, then slowly build confidence by going out for longer and longer periods?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/29/2013 12:20 am

Some people look great in glasses, better than they do without imo

If you really want to wear the contacts though you should realize that glasses don't really hide much, unless you have one spot on the bridge of your nose or a couple on your temples. People don't always look at you head on, so it isn't much protection :P

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 03/29/2013 3:21 am

I understand this completely! I feel naked and exposed without my glasses.