Notifications
Clear all

Emotional Stability And Acne

MemberMember
(@clearupacne)

Posted : 03/28/2013 1:12 pm

Here's just a thought I've put together. It could be pure timing or the root of my acne, either way it's something to think about.

A little over two years ago, I had a huge flair up. A ton of clusters of pimples and a few cysts. I went to my basic physician and they switched my antibiotic from Minocycline to Amoxicillin. Those exact same few weeks I started dating a girl. My skin cleared up remarkably. I noticed a difference in days, and I had smooth skin with only red marks within about a month.

This girl and I dated up until around a month and a half ago. And guess what? My skin is developed even more pimples than before and larger cysts. I quit the amoxicillin around 6 months ago and was put back on it a month ago. When I went off of it I had no worsening of my skin. When I was put back on it, it didn't do a thing.

My question is, was my acne caused by the failing potency of my amoxicillin, or by the ups and downs of my mental state when my girlfriend and I broke up?

MemberMember
(@d90)

Posted : 03/28/2013 5:00 pm

My latest breakout occurred after a break up, the stress involved in that played a part in my opinion.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 03/28/2013 7:39 pm

Emotional stability? Ha that's funny there is none.

MemberMember
(@foreverbold)

Posted : 03/28/2013 11:52 pm

No this is not the cause behind acne. Remember, it takes nearly *90* days (3 months) for one pimple to form and emotional upheaval and stress are only minor players in the formation of pimples or acne vulgaris.

MemberMember
(@clearupacne)

Posted : 03/29/2013 10:10 am

No this is not the cause behind acne. Remember, it takes nearly *90* days (3 months) for one pimple to form and emotional upheaval and stress are only minor players in the formation of pimples or acne vulgaris.

I do not believe this at all, personally I think each pimple takes around 3-5 days to develop. But I'm not saying the stress DID cause it, after all who knows? I'm just saying its a thought.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/29/2013 10:42 am

well stress weakens the immune system which might be one of the reasons for ur acne