Notifications
Clear all

I Think Im Treated This Way Cause Im Ugly!

MemberMember
(@scarred23)

Posted : 03/26/2013 2:54 pm

All the other women I work with are treated differently. They r treated so nicely

I feel like I'm looked at like I'm a disease cause my facial skin is horrid. I hate that acne is something I could never control. I'm left with scares bumps holes and saggy skin forever. I wish I could work from home so I don't have to hear how great the pretty girls r :(

MemberMember
(@simon-belmont)

Posted : 03/26/2013 3:33 pm

It can be difficult to work with others who have better skin. You can learn to live with it though but it takes time.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/26/2013 5:45 pm

All the other women I work with are treated differently. They r treated so nicely

I feel like I'm looked at like I'm a disease cause my facial skin is horrid. I hate that acne is something I could never control. I'm left with scares bumps holes and saggy skin forever. I wish I could work from home so I don't have to hear how great the pretty girls r sad.png

Unfortunately some people do have clearer/nicer skin than others, it is just a fact of life. Everyone has problems in some shape or form, it just so happens you were dealt a poor hand when it comes to acne. It in no way defines who you are and how much you can enjoy life, so don't let it get you down.

Some famous Roosevelt woman, I cannot for the life of me remember her first name LOL, said

" No one can make you feel inferior without your consent "

One of my favorites quotes of all time, second only to some Vince Lombardi quotes. The first time I heard it I wrote it on a business card and kept it in my wallet for awhile. If you like it I suggest you do the same.

Also, there little that can be done sometimes, so instead of focusing on your skin work on other ways in which you stand out from the pack. Work on conversation, build your confidence, excel in your job, join a book club, start yoga; whatever you enjoy doing, do it, and then you'll find maybe others will see you in a different light or you'll meet others that appreciate you.

And as far as your job goes, if some goofballs treat you differently than others then those people are not worth your time anyway. They may not be easy to find (I know this personally) but there are people who see deeper than external appearances.

You get one shot scarred23, and unfortunately you may be stuck with your circumstances for good. I have little acne but incredibly oil skin, like disgustingly oily. Imagine spraying your face with PAM, that's how I get about two hours after a shower lol. It comes off in clothes, bed sheets, and after a workout I look like I just left a freaking dunk tank lol. And I am slowly coming to the conclusion that I may be stuck with this until I'm old and gray. But you know what, there are worse things in life than having bad skin and so if this is my curse then I'll take it.

Does it mean some girls may be out of my league? ABSOLUTELY LOL.

Does it mean that I'll never find people that want to be with me? ABSOLUTELY NOT, and life so far for me has proved this.

Because in the genetic lottery, you and I did not win in the skin department but it really could have been worse.

Regardless of your circumstances do whatever it is you enjoy doing. Those goofs that treat you differently aren't worth the energy to think about them.

smile.png

Have a fantastic day scarred23.

MemberMember
(@scarred23)

Posted : 03/26/2013 6:36 pm

Awww thanks so much guys. I was really down today! I was in the bathroom crying cause I feel so ugly everyday. I just hate dealing with this everyday. I guess I should appreciate what I do have.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/26/2013 6:39 pm

Everyone needs a pep talk every now and then

smile.png

And for me, the outdoors are very therapeutic. I don't know where you live, but if the weather's nice try to going outside every now and then and just sit somewhere or walk around, and try to just take in what you see. Take some deep breaths; marvel at the world we live in and just enjoy your surroundings for awhile.

Of course if it's cold or unbearably hot this is a bad idea LOL, but If I'm angry, stressed, or feeling crappy nothing helps like just sitting on my back porch with a cold drink (non-alcoholic drink haha)

You might like it, you might not. But it often does the trick for me.

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 03/26/2013 7:25 pm

You're gorgeous.

I don't need a picture to know this.

xD

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 03/26/2013 8:03 pm

Hey CBIOT,

I GO TO UMD TOO!!!!

oh wow...

what a small world

smile.png

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/26/2013 8:12 pm

Hey CBIOT,

I GO TO UMD TOO!!!!

oh wow...

what a small world

smile.png

LOL no way

How about that ha

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 03/26/2013 8:20 pm

Hey CBIOT,

I GO TO UMD TOO!!!!

oh wow...

what a small world

smile.png

LOL no way

How about that ha

lmfao! We should meet up! hahaaaa

I'm always in the McKeldin library, and STAMP.

:)

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 03/26/2013 8:28 pm

be strong ..again,, be strong ,, i know what you are feeling , the same here from other side of the world ,, all i see in my face scars not a face ,, but there is one solution here , fight to win or death .. there are many treatments that can fix your face , you just need good amount of money with good searching here and here about best treatments for you ,, i am able to make any thing in this world except hurt any human to fix my face , you close to that more than me , you are in the good side of the world Where best doctors and technology , and you have a work , so take a breath and show to this world how you are so beautiful , remember hope is good thing and no good thing ever dies ..

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/26/2013 8:36 pm

Hey CBIOT,

I GO TO UMD TOO!!!!

oh wow...

what a small world

smile.png

LOL no way

How about that ha

lmfao! We should meet up! hahaaaa

I'm always in the McKeldin library, and STAMP.

smile.png

lol

I sent you a PM so we don't derail this thread

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/26/2013 9:09 pm

I feel like I'm looked at like I'm a disease cause my facial skin is horrid. I hate that acne is something I could never control. I'm left with scares bumps holes and saggy skin forever. I wish I could work from home so I don't have to hear how great the pretty girls r sad.png

Trust me, beauty is subjective and overrated. I used to have many guys interested in me (and some girls lol), but every time my skin gets bad they all suddenly lose interest. I don't need that kind of superficial attention. At least now I know who my real friends are.

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 03/27/2013 10:40 am

Society values pretty women and makes everyone else who doesn't fit the narrow standard of beauty feel like they're not worth anything.

Don't fall for it.

Valuing yourself in a world that tells you that you don't measure up is a radical act of courage and rebellion.

F*ck em.

Whenever I see an ad on TV that tells me I should be "flawless" or whatever I say "f*ck you." Whenever someone or some institution tries to make me feel bad about myself because I don't have the ideal body, skin, or hair, I just give them the finger.

As women we learn that being pretty is the most important thing about us. And almost everyone internalizes this concept and in the end people treat so called beautiful women better than so called ugly women.

Rather than feeling bad for being deemed ugly and unworthy we need to stand up for ourselves and put an end to this bullsh*t.

This is where the radical act of loving and valuing yourself comes in. It's radical because it's not easy. It's radical because it's an utter rejection of the idea that prettiness has anything to do with your worth as a person. It's radical because it's rebelling against society's mandate to women (you must be pretty or else youre nothing).

Scarred23, don't put yourself down - join me in this rebellion.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/27/2013 11:27 am

Society values pretty women and makes everyone else who doesn't fit the narrow standard of beauty feel like they're not worth anything.

Don't fall for it.

Valuing yourself in a world that tells you that you don't measure up is a radical act of courage and rebellion.

F*ck em.

Whenever I see an ad on TV that tells me I should be "flawless" or whatever I say "f*ck you." Whenever someone or some institution tries to make me feel bad about myself because I don't have the ideal body, skin, or hair, I just give them the finger.

As women we learn that being pretty is the most important thing about us. And almost everyone internalizes this concept and in the end people treat so called beautiful women better than so called ugly women.

Rather than feeling bad for being deemed ugly and unworthy we need to stand up for ourselves and put an end to this bullsh*t.

This is where the radical act of loving and valuing yourself comes in. It's radical because it's not easy. It's radical because it's an utter rejection of the idea that prettiness has anything to do with your worth as a person. It's radical because it's rebelling against society's mandate to women (you must be pretty or else you™re nothing).

Scarred23, don't put yourself down - join me in this rebellion.

You are amazing. Thanks for this post. <3

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 03/27/2013 7:37 pm

This world sucks the one in my mind is better.