Hmm

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 03/24/2013 5:45 pm

hey guys, hope everyone is well, i've been on accutane for over 3 months and my acne has started clearing FINALLY... but my pigmentation is a disgrace... had anyone dealt with this, how long did it take to fade etc???

MemberMember
(@cheezycakes)

Posted : 03/24/2013 6:02 pm

Really depends on your skin. I have olive/darker tone skin and it literally takes a year to fade. After accutane, you can do peels or retin-a for quicker results. Believe me, hyperpigmentation is a lot easier to deal with than acne scars.

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 03/24/2013 6:24 pm

Really depends on your skin. I have olive/darker tone skin and it literally takes a year to fade. After accutane, you can do peels or retin-a for quicker results. Believe me, hyperpigmentation is a lot easier to deal with than acne scars.

This might sound stupid, but what is the difference between acne scars and pigmentation?

MemberMember
(@cheezycakes)

Posted : 03/24/2013 6:30 pm

hyperpigmentation describes just the red marks left over from inflammation. Scars describe actual texture changes in your skin (whether it's pits or raised scars). Scars are typically the result of more severe acne pustules.

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 03/24/2013 7:05 pm

hyperpigmentation describes just the red marks left over from inflammation. Scars describe actual texture changes in your skin (whether it's pits or raised scars). Scars are typically the result of more severe acne pustules.

oh ok i see, well i only have hyperpigmentation its jusr really severe atm. i guess i just neec to be patient for some fading