Notifications
Clear all

Acne Has Vanished And I'm Happy Thanks To Green Tea!

MemberMember
(@remyhelps123)

Posted : 03/23/2013 3:09 am

I have tried drinking green tea in the past. I drank cans and cans of Arizona green tea thinking it was helping my skin, but it was absolutely doing the opposite. There is so much sugar in those things but I didn't even realize because I was young and didn't care to really look at the fine print. The sugar spiked my insulin levels which then stirred up inflammation in my skin and whammo-zammo I had pimples up the ying-yang.

I tried real green tea in 2011 with little results. It tasted horrible and seemed to not really do much for my skin, so I ended up stopping the green tea after a while and my skin returned to its usual state of zitty-zitty-bang-bang.

Last month I gave in and tried green tea again. The most natural kind I could find. And I made sure it was DECAFFEINATED this time based on what I have seen and heard in my many days of creeping around the internet and hearing about how caffeine can really aggravate acne.

My skin looks amazing! I'm shocked and happy and feel like others should know about this simple remedy that also fights back against cancer and free radicals (which age your skin in the long run, so one would think that drinking this will also help keep you looking younger)! I drink three cups of decaffeinated natural-as-can-be green tea that I buy from Wal-Mart every day and it has honestly made a shocking improvement in my skin. My confidence is returning and I feel like I'm getting my life back...!

I believe it helps so much because it keeps the inflammation down as well as detoxes the body. It's healthy, cheap, and totally works!

Just felt like I would share this bit of information so that others might find some saving grace and happier days. smile.png

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 03/23/2013 3:25 am

Yeah green tea is great stuff. I can't handle the caffeine, as in, no sleep. Great detoxifier and anti-oxidant. Rooibos tea is another you might look into. It's supposed to have even more anti-oxidants than green tea

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 03/23/2013 6:46 am

Jasmin Dragon Pearl is my favorite green tea, it really felt like it was really giving a relief to my acne

MemberMember
(@ben-lee)

Posted : 03/23/2013 7:26 am

Congrats! :)

Even though I'm clear, I always like to try things to help my body stay in tip top shape.

I have tried many different green tea products before, but it made me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oily.

Never knew why. And I bought things like matcha green tea...VERY unprocessed.... Maybe I will try it again now that my diet is good. I will try it to see if I still get the same oily skin reaction.

=)

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 03/26/2013 4:44 pm

Congrats! smile.png

Even though I'm clear, I always like to try things to help my body stay in tip top shape.

I have tried many different green tea products before, but it made me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oily.

Never knew why. And I bought things like matcha green tea...VERY unprocessed.... Maybe I will try it again now that my diet is good. I will try it to see if I still get the same oily skin reaction.

=)

Caffeine seems to be the issue with most people who react negatively to green tea. It absolutely was for me

MemberMember
(@777lb)

Posted : 03/27/2013 3:35 am

Green Tea is amazing, 3-4 cups a day for me. Overall it has improved my complexion, i would also recommend using the tea bag and using it as a toner!