Notifications
Clear all

Skin Is Clear Post-Accutane But Looks Rubbish. Please Help.

MemberMember
(@heather135)

Posted : 03/02/2013 8:17 pm

Hi guys,

I completed a 4 month course of accutane last year for cystic acne. My skin is completely cleared up but it just looks like crap now. I have acne scars (hypertrophic, ice-pick etc) but apart from that my skin in general is horrible. It's hard to explain it. It's very dull looking, visible pores, uneven skin tone and looks generally unhealthy. I also have an under the skin blackhead that's been there since I was on accutane. I feel so depressed when I look in the mirror. I'm sitting with a face mask on as I type this lol.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of and can recommend any creams/topicals that can give my skin that rejuvinating boost it needs!

Any advice will be grately appreciated!

Thanks,

Heather

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 03/02/2013 9:05 pm

Hey I heard that MSM creams are good for healing skin. I am not using it during my course because it can cause breakouts for some people, but it might be useful for you. Your skin will get fuller now that you're off Accutane, just give it time. Scarring and colouration should also minimise with time. After you've been off Accutane for a while, then you can look into treating any remaining scars if you want.

Also trying using the search bar one this website, here is one link I found

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/02/2013 10:47 pm

retin a can help for scarring and smooth out your skin. Be happy that you are clear and try not to fixate too much on your skin. After accutane you definitely want to be more gentle with your skin

MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 03/02/2013 11:42 pm

Congrats on ur success with Accutane :)

All I can think of to improve skin texture is AHA and retin-a

Aha in the morning, then retin-a at night seem like the best combo out there to improve skin texture :)