Notifications
Clear all

Skin & Psychology

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 02/19/2013 11:27 pm

Skin LOL. It's living tissue which happens to be plastered over your muscle fibres & skeleton. What's more interesting is how we OBSESS over it.

Throughout your entire lives, society has drilled into your minds either intentionally or subconsciously that bad skin = bad life. Spots = ugly. I just find it funny that if we lived in a world where everyone naturally had red marks on their face, and that was considered truly beautiful, then people would strive for it. Imagine a world where we as a species evolved and that red marks meant skin was healthy. Billboards had ads with pretty women with faces covered in red marks. Then if you didn't, you would feel like the outcast. You would look in the mirror and say, fml, when are my red marks going to come in. Girls would go to the bathroom and apply red makeup on there faces before heading to school.

Point I'm making is; we adapt to what we are exposed to. No, I'm not trolling.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 02/19/2013 11:45 pm

Yea too bad we don't live in that imaginary world. illuminati mind controling society into outcasting people with acne cause they are the smartest people. Nah that's crazy talk.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 02/20/2013 12:51 am

What if I told you, that the world you experience is not actually the same world you live in, because it's shaped through your mind? (Morpheus voice)

MemberMember
(@looking2thefuture)

Posted : 02/20/2013 6:40 am

Intresting point. I think the media does have a huge hhuge role in how were all feeling living with acne,red marks scars etc. I for one have a different view of beauty than the average man and would love to have a girlfirend with ance my last girlfirend had acne and she was extremel;y good looking. If I had a few acnes here and there I honestly wouldnt be bothered by it its jsut when it covers areas of youre face thats what makes me miserable. I wouldnt say im bohtered by societal perceptions of myself as I dont like alot about society however its about how I FEEL really. What I will say though is that EVERYONES looks fade but if you train youre mind youre peronailty can really shine through. Look at what some people have acheived with severe facial disfigurment.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 02/20/2013 8:17 am

The problem is, these aren't just red spots. They are inflamed spots that cause us a lot of pain. Clearly that is something more than just superficial. I could live with being ugly (it would suck) but I can't live in constant pain and being unable to talk or eat properly because I can't move my face.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 02/20/2013 5:36 pm

True^. I just got served.

MemberMember
(@looking2thefuture)

Posted : 02/20/2013 6:25 pm

The problem is, these aren't just red spots. They are inflamed spots that cause us a lot of pain. Clearly that is something more than just superficial. I could live with being ugly (it would suck) but I can't live in constant pain and being unable to talk or eat properly because I can't move my face.

Yeah im sorry to hear youre going through that im sure youre not ugly anyway I for one would never judge someones looks cos of there acne, I hate it on myself but not on others so I can understand youre pain. Sure I notice it but for me it doesnt effect how attractive I find someone. I do know pherhaps im in the minority but who wants to be a sheep in this society huh?. Keep youre head up.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 05/11/2013 3:49 pm

/Thread.