Notifications
Clear all

Do You Think People Who Never Had Acne Would Live A Normal Live With Acne?

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 02/10/2013 10:47 pm

I'm talking about all those people who don't have acne and never had. I'm 26 male and battling with acne that has come back and i'm really depressed. You hear about those other people who say to those with acne that it isn't a big deal, or its just pimples or it go away. Or the stop worrying about it so much.

Well i believe its easy to say this when you never had to go through it. And no 1 or 2 small pimples don't count. I'm talking about moderate to severe acne. Well im not sure if i should mention severe b/c even then they would notice it and some of them would say yeah you should go to the dermatologist.

However, do you think those type of people could actually live their lives the way they do normally if they have moderate or severe acne? I really hate the fact that ppl say oh its just pimples etc like its not a big deal. I feel like people don't understand what ppl with acne actually go through. Such as when i see someone with lot of acne i know what they are going through. Does anyone agree people who don't go through acne really are naive in a way? I honestly believe any one of these ppl who say stuff like oh just pimples dont worry about it or it go away... I don't believe they would go through life like its nothing and they would be very bothered by it psychologically as well like us.

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 02/10/2013 11:05 pm

So weird I have thought of this before! Of course it comes down to individual personality but at the heart of it I do believe that many clear faced people would not be able to handle their lives as normally if they had pizza face like us acne sufferers. Family members of mine (all with clear skin- NEVER had acne) have on occasion complained about single breakouts that happen on their forehead and Im thinking like, helloooo just be happy you don't get them as often as I do.

I believe acne does create some very real psychological effects. I do not think its just a matter of "looking on the bright side"

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 02/11/2013 1:42 am

Not a chance.... this stuff is on you 24/7 nonstop for years. It would effect them eventually, they'd be right here just like us. I don't care what they say if you've never had it then your opinion is next to nothing to me

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 02/11/2013 9:24 am

No, they definitely wouldn't. I've seen multiple people who've told me I "shouldn't care" about my acne completely crash and burn, emotionally, when they randomly got ONE pimple... seriously.

MemberMember
(@wasawawa)

Posted : 02/12/2013 12:51 am

I think acne has changed me so much. I just feel like I missed out on my life until now because of acne and feeling like a monster. The effects are still on me now at 18 as I have scarring, every time I hear people talk about my face it's like a stab in the heart. I like to think my life would have been a lot better if i hadn't had acne and literally gotten so insecure about it. I went through high school so quiet even though I'm a naturally loud funny guy. Like right now idk if i want to live looking like this anymore, but I like to think the universe gives us all negatives in life, and mine is occurring as a teenager.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 02/12/2013 2:04 am

This shit has changed me I've seen years of my life go down the drain, I don't know the real me anymore he was just a character of the normal world, now I feel like a freak from the underworld or something like a fuckin demon getting ready to attack anybody who looks my way, in other words fucking crazy.

Anyways yea it would effect em, confidence would drop to negative infinity and they wouldn't be prancing around like they are the shit all the damn time. They would probably come to this site to look for help and try various remedies and so called cures only to find out none of this shit actually gets rid of it indefinantly, years would pass as their face becomes even more scarred up than before, everytime they wake up they would rush to the mirror to see if it has gone away but they would sigh everytime cause their face has gotten so bad that they can barley stand to look at themselves without feeling their stomach cringe.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 02/12/2013 10:35 am

I think acne is one of those things which negativley impacts on most sufferers. I have experienced the whole people telling me it's not so bad then spending an entire day staring at one spot on themselves in a mirror. On the other hand I do know people with acne who it doesn't seem to affect - or at least, they don't let it show that it upsets them. I think most people don't understand this until they have it. It's one of those seemingly surface problems that becomes frustrating because it seems so simple, yet it's actually so stubborn.

MemberMember
(@naturalog)

Posted : 02/12/2013 3:50 pm

HELL NO. Some people I know act as if Satan spit acid all over them when they have just ONE tiny bump..

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/13/2013 11:56 am

acne takes away happiness. You won't be happy any more if you have acne.