Tiny White Bumps Ne...

Notifications
Clear all

Tiny White Bumps Near Mouth

MemberMember
(@awshucks)

Posted : 02/07/2013 1:04 pm

My face is mainly clear except for the area around my mouth and chin. Over the last year or two, I've started getting these little clusters of a dozen tiny white bumps on each side of my mouth area. Now it seems to be spreading to my cheeks so I definitely want to stop the spread and get rid of them.

These bumps rarely come to a head. They are tiny and sometimes not even noticeable until I stick my tongue underneath that spot. They don't go away on their own nor do they get bigger (except for the rare one which will become a typical whitehead). I've taken to sterilizing a needle and extracting the white gunk out of a few of them but since they're so tiny, it's really hard to get at them and give them a good squeeze to get everything out.

What exactly is this? How can I get rid of them, and how can I prevent new ones from forming?

Edit: I should add that when I am able to squeeze stuff out, it's white and stringy.

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 03/01/2013 1:25 pm

Hi! Were you able to find out what this was or something that would resolve it? I literally have the EXACT same thing that started about 3 months ago. I went to a derm and she told me it was clogged pores and prescribed me differin, but said it would take 2-3 months to see significant results. I have also been to an aesthetician a couple of times and they do a few extractions but no real significant difference, I think they don't feel that most of the little bumps are extractable or are too small. If I try and do it myself it usually ends up making a swollen scabby red mark. You can really only see them if light hits my face a certain way, or if I poke my tongue under them like you were saying. They are near my mouth/under nose, jaw and up through my cheeks and cheek bones. They started around my mouth at the very first. I started using grapeseed oil on my face thinking my face was getting dry and breaking out (winter in Colorado) but that really just seemed to make it worse and spread. The derm and aesthetician have since told me that oil is a big NO NO for those with oil prone skin like me, so I am now using an oil free moisturizer.

It has been about 3 weeks with differin and I haven't seen any real improvement other than the little white bumps seem to be coming closer and closer to the surface and more visible...not sure if they will all just dissolve gradually or eventually come out on their own with little prodding, but I was hoping maybe you had discovered something/or seen improvement? I know I probably just need to have patience, but I am a little scared the differin is not going to clear it up.

MemberMember
(@jabberwocky80)

Posted : 03/07/2013 5:52 pm

I have developed little clusters of bumps from the right side corner of my mouth down to my chin. Through some research I believe my issue is called "perioral dermatitis" and is somewhat related to acne. I used white vinegar thinking that it would help, but that just inflamed the area like crazy. I read online that violet oil would help, so I went to my local vitamin and health food store. They didn't have violet oil in stock, but suggested something called Miracell Skin Relief. It has helped calm the inflammation down, but a few bumps remain. My derm gave me a script for an antiobiotic cream or gel but I would rather try something more natural at this point in time. I continue to use this Miracell, and although it is made up of several different oils it does not clog my pores or contribute to further breakouts.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/18/2013 7:09 pm

The flesh colored bumps that are not inflamed are called closed comedones. They are very stubborn but respond well to retinoids. The retinoids will bring them to the surface and that's when your derm or doc will prescribe clindamycin or maybe an oral antibiotic.

Salicylic acid and bp or sulfur topical regimen will take care of these as well.

MemberMember
(@awshucks)

Posted : 02/15/2015 4:59 pm

I just got a PM regarding this topic so I thought I would post an update in case it helps anyone else.

I was able to resolve the problem and all I did was switch toothpastes! It turns out it was a sensitivity to SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) which is in most toothpastes and also products like shampoo and body wash. It's the stuff that makes the toothpaste foam up. So I made the switch to Sensodyne Pronamel which does not have any SLS. Make sure it's the Pronamel stuff because their regular line has SLS, I believe.

It only took a few days before the bumps started disappearing and they haven't shown up again since. Hope this helps someone!

MemberMember
(@rocketboysf)

Posted : 02/16/2015 6:44 pm

First thank you for your posts and sharing experiences. I have the exact same thing!

I am constantly developping white pus zits around mouth and chin! I started developing this about a year ago.

Can you please share what worked for you ?

Symptoms

---------------

- constant small white pus zits around mouth and chin. dry up in about 2-3 days.

- few more start when one stops!

- red bumps

- redness irritation.

- All these symptoms only around nose , mouth and chin. rest of the face is clear!

- constant Dandruff also.

Didn't work : Tried following from Derm,

------------------------------------

- Doxycline Hycyclate

- Minocycline

- Differin

- Promiseb

- Zaina

- Aczone

- pretty much all steriod crap.

Remedies worked that helped a little but not cured completely

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACV

Clay masks

Yogurt masks

Candida Diet - No sugar, No milk

ACV for dandruff.

SLS free stuff

Non flouride tooth paste

brush with sodium bi carboate (ew!)

Diet:

------

I have been eating like a monk from past 2 years,

fruits for breakfast

salads

bunch of green vegetables

yogurt once in a while.

tried candida dietfor couple of weeks which seem to clear up a bit and not complete relief.

Things next to try:

-----------------------

- Connection of these symptoms to histamine intolerance ?

- Connection of these symptoms to fungal ?

- what is the damn white pus ?

- supplements - L-Lysine, L - Glutamine

This thing brought me down so much in my life! There are days when i just sit in my room and cry because I have pretty much tried everything under the sun. I am even worried to go meet my sisters kids sad.png Please help share your expertise and what worked for you guys. Please drop a note and i really need your support to keep me motivated to see the light at the end of tunnel.

thanks!

Today, 02:54 PM

First thank you all for your posts and sharing experiences.

I am constantly developping white pus zits around mouth and chin! I started developing this about a year ago.

Symptoms

---------------

- constant small white pus zits around mouth and chin. dry up in about 2-3 days.

- few more start when one stops!

- red bumps

- redness irritation.

- All these symptoms only around nose , mouth and chin. rest of the face is clear!

- constant Dandruff also.

Didn't work : Tried following from Derm,

------------------------------------

- Doxycline Hycyclate

- Minocycline

- Differin

- Promiseb

- Zaina

- Aczone

- pretty much all steriod crap.

Remedies worked that helped a little but not cured completely

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACV

Clay masks

Yogurt masks

Candida Diet - No sugar, No milk

ACV for dandruff.

SLS free stuff

Non flouride tooth paste

brush with sodium bi carboate (ew!)

Diet:

------

I have been eating like a monk from past 2 years,

fruits for breakfast

salads

bunch of green vegetables

yogurt once in a while.

tried candida dietfor couple of weeks which seem to clear up a bit and not complete relief.

Things next to try:

-----------------------

- Connection of these symptoms to histamine intolerance ?

- Connection of these symptoms to fungal ?

- what is the damn white pus ?

- supplements - L-Lysine, L - Glutamine

This thing brought me down so much in my life! There are days when i just sit in my room and cry because I have pretty much tried everything under the sun. I am even worried to go meet my sisters kids sad.png Please help share your expertise and what worked for you guys. Please drop a note and i really need your support to keep me motivated to see the light at the end of tunnel.

thanks!

post-449454-0-81922000-1424130225.jpg

post-449454-0-79411100-1424130226.jpg

post-449454-0-85281700-1424130227.jpg

post-449454-0-80306000-1424130228.jpg

post-449454-0-62942600-1424130239.jpg

post-449454-0-89960400-1424130240.jpg

post-449454-0-14597200-1424130242.jpg

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 02/16/2015 7:51 pm

Seborrheic dermatitis? If you flake ,then is most likely seborrheic dermatitis ,go check the seborrheic dermatitis thread , there are some over the counter or prescribed products treatments that people have tried .

Seborrheic dermatitis is probably clogging the pores making it into a perioral dermatitis.

Does it itch ? ,I was wondering if it could be fungal related.

MemberMember
(@delicatebacon)

Posted : 11/07/2015 9:55 pm

Did you ever find out what this was? I have the exact same thing. The white cluster of bumps form a discoloration on the corners of my mouth and it looks like its cracked. please help

MemberMember
(@ashleybauchert)

Posted : 12/15/2017 3:22 pm

Hey! I have the same issue its on the sides of my lips down my him and stuff. They sometimes turn into painful zits but otherwise just sit there and make texture. Does that sound like your situation? Theyve been there forever!! So the toothpaste really helped? I just purchased it in hopes that it will help me.

MemberMember
(@knuckleswanny)

Posted : 03/24/2018 7:30 am

On 2/15/2015 at 4:59 PM, awshucks said:

I just got a PM regarding this topic so I thought I would post an update in case it helps anyone else.

I was able to resolve the problem and all I did was switch toothpastes! It turns out it was a sensitivity to SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) which is in most toothpastes and also products like shampoo and body wash. It's the stuff that makes the toothpaste foam up. So I made the switch to Sensodyne Pronamel which does not have any SLS. Make sure it's the Pronamel stuff because their regular line has SLS, I believe.

It only took a few days before the bumps started disappearing and they haven't shown up again since. Hope this helps someone!

This is PURRFECT!! This issue has happened maybe 6 or 7 times to me in my adult life. I've never taken the time to figure it out as a couple of shaves it usually goes away but I can't believe the toothpaste thing. I literally started with a new toothpaste yesterday and within a couple of hours, wham, annoying little
effers all around my mouth and not knowing about the paste used it again last night and this morning and it got worse, argh. Anyway, thank you so very much, you rock
-s

MemberMember
(@ted98)

Posted : 05/07/2021 5:05 pm

Hi guys, I found that for me a cream with 4%benzoyl peroxide works to reduce the outbreak, and I also use aloe verra and marigold to reduce the redness and the scars. Hope that helps !