MemberMember
(@acnebrah)

Posted : 02/04/2013 12:24 am

I read online about an acne treatment that I have been using for 1 month now

It was:

(Morning)

2% salycylic Acid face wash

(Night)

step1: 2% salycyclic Acid face wash (wash off)

step2: apply 8% glycolic acid toner (wait 15 mins for it to dry)

step3: apply ice to face (app a dermatology trick for topicals to be more effective)

step4: apply epiduo/tactuo

At first my face was red and drying out and zits were fading. Its been about 3-4weeks and my zits have gotten worse. I thought it was "purging" but its been 2 weeks of "purging". They are going from blackhead to the read acne sores. Which may be good as its "purging", But I have never heard of this treatment before.

Would tactuo alone be more effective that this method?

MemberMember
(@allynrose)

Posted : 02/06/2013 4:20 pm

A couple of things to consider:

1. Using both salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide (in the Epiduo) will severly dry your skin. When your skin is dry it produces more sebum to compensate, which can cause more acne.

2. With retinoids (such as Epiduo) you should wash your face, wait a few minutes and apply the retinoid. Any other creams, toners, etc. might buffer it and make it less effective.

3. Expect to purge. It takes 12 weeks for a skin cell to turnover, which means it takes 12 weeks to see full results. Epiduo completely cleared me, but the first 2 months I could've sworn it wasn't doing a single thing - maybe making it worse. I'm so glad I stuck with it. I recommend you give it a try as well. Some peeling, burning, redness and driness are expected and may actually indicate it is working. However, if it's extreme - talk to your dermatologist.

I see no problem with you using the salicylic in the mornings, though it may still cause some excess driness. Epiduo alone makes your skin dry. Using at in the morning and at night seems like overkill to me. Using more doesn't make acne go away faster. Only time and patience, sticking it out with a single treatment, really helps.

MemberMember
(@acnebrah)

Posted : 02/06/2013 10:50 pm

A couple of things to consider:

1. Using both salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide (in the Epiduo) will severly dry your skin. When your skin is dry it produces more sebum to compensate, which can cause more acne.

2. With retinoids (such as Epiduo) you should wash your face, wait a few minutes and apply the retinoid. Any other creams, toners, etc. might buffer it and make it less effective.

3. Expect to purge. It takes 12 weeks for a skin cell to turnover, which means it takes 12 weeks to see full results. Epiduo completely cleared me, but the first 2 months I could've sworn it wasn't doing a single thing - maybe making it worse. I'm so glad I stuck with it. I recommend you give it a try as well. Some peeling, burning, redness and driness are expected and may actually indicate it is working. However, if it's extreme - talk to your dermatologist.

I see no problem with you using the salicylic in the mornings, though it may still cause some excess driness. Epiduo alone makes your skin dry. Using at in the morning and at night seems like overkill to me. Using more doesn't make acne go away faster. Only time and patience, sticking it out with a single treatment, really helps.

Okay this is what I wanted to hear. My Question though is:

Am i better off using just like cetaphil in morning and night as face wash and epiduo after at night?

Or should I use salycylic in morning and cetaphil and epiduo at night?

Ive been on this stuff long enough that I dont get any burning. I just want whatever way is best the clear zits using epiduo

In my aresenal I have:

Epiduo

2% salycyclic face wash

8% glycolic acid toner

cetaphil face wash

MemberMember
(@acnebrah)

Posted : 02/08/2013 9:30 pm

immortal zump

MemberMember
(@malt8505)

Posted : 02/10/2013 9:46 pm

In the instructions that came with my Epiduo it says don't use salicylic acid with it.....so I would just wash and moisturise in the morning and then wash and epiduo at night.