Notifications
Clear all

Weird Cravings

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 02/03/2013 9:21 am

I know that you get various food craving due to vitamin deficiency. So in order to avoid that I take vitamin supplements, eat dairy free and partially gluten free, try to have a big variation of ecological products... I eat beef, chicken, salmon, eggs, a lot of veggies not too much fruits, mostly berries. Like really, I am proud of my diet and feel as active and energized as never lately.

But what the hell with the cravings?? I tried many healthy alternatives of sweets, like raw chocolate with xylitol as sweetener, raw home made ice cream and other recipes I found on this site or others. But still, nothing quenches this hunger for something fat, sweet, like cream, ben and jerry's or tiramisu or junk food with a lot of cheese or kebab soaked in mayonnaise .. And I was never a big lover of those!! Is there something my body lack? I'm about to break down and go get all that junk I dream about. I watched Supersize and Superskinny and instead of getting grossed out about the obese people's eating habits, my mouth was watering. :D

No seriously, I take care of myself so well and still the cravings...Even now while I'm writing I could kill for a fat tiramisu instead of this avocado.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/03/2013 11:34 am

the kebab soaked in mayonnaise sounds revolting, but other than the revolting part, why would you avoid it? Mayo does not contain dairy. It's eggs and oil. The quality of those ingredients might be suspect though.

Have you tried yogurt for the cream you crave? It could be coconut if you are completely avoiding all dairy.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 02/04/2013 6:53 am

I know that you get various food craving due to vitamin deficiency. So in order to avoid that I take vitamin supplements, eat dairy free and partially gluten free, try to have a big variation of ecological products... I eat beef, chicken, salmon, eggs, a lot of veggies not too much fruits, mostly berries. Like really, I am proud of my diet and feel as active and energized as never lately.

But what the hell with the cravings?? I tried many healthy alternatives of sweets, like raw chocolate with xylitol as sweetener, raw home made ice cream and other recipes I found on this site or others. But still, nothing quenches this hunger for something fat, sweet, like cream, ben and jerry's or tiramisu or junk food with a lot of cheese or kebab soaked in mayonnaise .. And I was never a big lover of those!! Is there something my body lack? I'm about to break down and go get all that junk I dream about. I watched Supersize and Superskinny and instead of getting grossed out about the obese people's eating habits, my mouth was watering. biggrin.png

No seriously, I take care of myself so well and still the cravings...Even now while I'm writing I could kill for a fat tiramisu instead of this avocado.

Most will disagree with this but sometimes you just need a bit of bad in the diet.

I get these cravings too, especially for chocolate.

I eat healthy 95% of the time but ever 2 or 3 week i will got and have a big pig out on whatever i want, but then straight back on my normal diet.

This works for me. It keeps me motivated and blunts the cravings for a little bit. Might not work for everyone and most will disagree with me but we're not robots. One has to take a break from normality every so often.