Notifications
Clear all

Sibo As A Cause Of Acne

MemberMember
(@alexisc)

Posted : 02/02/2013 3:18 am

Has anyone here looked into research about small intestinal bacterial overgrowth and it's affect on acne?

I'd be really interested to hear any information.

I used to be able to control my acne if I eliminated all sources of corn and wheat. I have been eating TONS of probiotic yogurt the past 6 months trying to solve gut issues which could relate to my skin. What I noticed is that once every few months I will break out with a million little whiteheads all over my forehead. These whiteheads are not related to what I eat other than they get worse with the more sugar/starch I consume. The only way I can get them to stop coming is to load up on oil of oregano and coconut oil - both of which are anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Since stopping consuming yogurt the whiteheads will also stop coming. When I took probiotic supplements I broke out in little white heads as well, mostly on my forehead.

I'm starting to believe chinese medicine "facial mapping" isn't just bogus information, as the forehead is related to the small intestine. I believe these whiteheads are related to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. By consuming too many probiotics and having low stomach acid the bacteria are free to overgrow my small intestine resulting in the acne. I had a friend who primarily broke out on her forehead, I told her to consume apple cider vinegar and not eat any sweet food and she cleared up perfectly from moderate acne. Apple cider vinegar is also an anti-bacterial/anti-fungal and would also stimulate stomach acid production to cure the SIBO.

Anyone with acne primarily on their forehead care to also experiment? Stop consuming probiotic foods or supplements and start with natural antibacterials. See what happens. I'm really curious.

What I've also noticed is that cysts are mainly caused by an actual allergy, like citrus, coffee or dairy. Cysts on the chin are usually hormonally based for most people. Small whiteheads are usually caused by a food intolerance or related to bacterial/fungal issues. Acne in between the eyes is related to the liver - if my boyfriend drinks too much he always breaks out there and I've noticed it with several other people as well. Dark circles under the eyes are usually related to the adrenals and kidneys or a symptom of a gluten intolerance too.

I am really starting to believe that different areas of your face are related to different organs of the body. Let me know your experiences as well! I'm sure some of you will think I'm crazy but I've been piecing things together for myself and people I know and if this information could help just one person I would be very happy.

Also, mistakes I've made on the hollistic route that may help others:

Fish oil - caused giant cysts and I'm not prone to cysts

Spirullina/Seaweed/Iodine rich foods - also caused giant cysts because they detox bromine

Probiotics - caused millions of whiteheads all over my face primarily on my forehead

Vitamin supplements - being allergic to corn (which is in most pills) made my acne worse

Whey protien - caused acne

Flax seeds - are too estrogenic and will cause hormone fluctuations resulting in cystic acne on the chin

Topical yogurt - completely broke me out all over my face

These are just my individual experiences and are not true for everyone at all - we are all individual with different chemistry. But if you notice these things doing/or did the same to you also let me know. I like compiling research.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 03/22/2013 2:09 pm

I enjoyed this post, and have just purchased more ACV - it is the "RAW" brand. I am going to start drinking this again and test this - since I do primarily have forehead acne, well spots of some kind or annoying frigging bumps. I also notice too that when I consume wayyy too much yoghurts I also get alot of these tiny whiteheads. Could it possibly be a dairy issue?