Notifications
Clear all

Fructose Malabsorption

MemberMember
(@tanjo143)

Posted : 02/01/2013 6:41 pm

Has anybody ever heard of this condition? I think I have figured out my acne problem. I believe that fructose is highly responsible for my acne. I notice everytime I eat sweet fruits like apples, I would get pimples all over my face. I also have a history of IBS. In fact, I think my digestive organ is screwed up.

The only time my acne would clear up or mostly clear up is when I don't eat any sweet fruits nor fructose-laden vegetables or foods. But lately my face has been covered in zits. It hasn't looked this bad since I was in college eating tons of bread, chips and cookies.

This is I think caused by my impulsive diet changes last week. Last week my face was pretty much clear. I still had acne, but it wasn't a lot. But stupid me wanted to change my diet by eating less meat and more fruits and vegetables.

But guess what? It was a huge mistake. I ate mangoes, two huge ones, I ate red beans, I ate carrots, I ate tomatoes, I ate mostly fruits and vegetables as I wanted to only eat meat on Fridays.

But then I looked up my problem online. What suddenly caused these pimples to appear? Actually, not your average pimples. They're cysts, cysts that take awhile to go away.

So I went online to look it up and guess what? Well, I realize I may have a problem with digesting fructose, a sugar found in fruits and veges.

According to some sites I saw, fructose could cause a lot of problems for those who cannot digest it properly. So for these few days I haven't eaten any fruits nor vegetables and my face is clearing up or at least stopped producing new pimples.

Today, I think proved what I thought my problem was. I was eating fish with soy sauce and it turned out, the soy sauce I used had caramel in it, caramel of course is a form of sugar, sugar with a high content of fructose.

So, I guess from now on, I will not eat fructose foods for a while and I'll update if I clear my acne.

What do you guys think anyway?

(BTW, sorry for this being poorly written, I didn't get much sleep last night. I feel like a zombie. )

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/01/2013 6:55 pm

Yes. It used to be a big topic around here. There are things you can do to improve it. Mostly nutrient, but also getting ou into bright daylight. It affects carb metabolism.