Moisturizing Throug...

Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizing Throughout The Day

MemberMember
(@ejb1013)

Posted : 01/26/2013 1:01 am

I am on my 6th day of the regimen. I use the Acne.org products. My skin is very dry and flaky and I occasionally moisturize throughout the day when my skin is feeling dry (I don't wear makeup and I make sure to wash my hands first). I am wondering if this is ok? I havent had a bad reaction to it, but if this is something I shouldn't be doing I'll stop. I couldn't find any info on it, so I thought I'd ask about it here.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 01/28/2013 11:54 am

Hello there and welcome to the acne.org community! To answer your question, it's fine if you have to moisturize throughout the day, so long as you are exceedingly gentle and are washing your hands before touching your face. You may want to add a few drops of jojoba oil into the moisturizer to help combat the flakiness and dry skin. When you get to the 6 to 8 week mark, you may want to consider adding AHA to your regimen to help your skin retain moisture better, combat flaking, and gently exfoliate your skin. For the meantime, this is just a bump in the road to clear skin. It will get better with time, patience, and a bit of jojoba oil during the first two months will help tremendously. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress... :)

MemberMember
(@ejb1013)

Posted : 01/30/2013 3:44 am

Hello there and welcome to the acne.org community! To answer your question, it's fine if you have to moisturize throughout the day, so long as you are exceedingly gentle and are washing your hands before touching your face. You may want to add a few drops of jojoba oil into the moisturizer to help combat the flakiness and dry skin. When you get to the 6 to 8 week mark, you may want to consider adding AHA to your regimen to help your skin retain moisture better, combat flaking, and gently exfoliate your skin. For the meantime, this is just a bump in the road to clear skin. It will get better with time, patience, and a bit of jojoba oil during the first two months will help tremendously. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress... smile.png

Thanks for the response! I have been using the jojoba oil and it really does make a difference. I have another question about dryness, does it go away? I mean will my skin eventually get accustomed the BP and not be so dry, flaky and tight feeling? I can't even wear makeup right now because it just accentuates the dryness, and it feels awful! Is this something that is temporary?

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 01/30/2013 9:44 am

Hello there and welcome to the acne.org community! To answer your question, it's fine if you have to moisturize throughout the day, so long as you are exceedingly gentle and are washing your hands before touching your face. You may want to add a few drops of jojoba oil into the moisturizer to help combat the flakiness and dry skin. When you get to the 6 to 8 week mark, you may want to consider adding AHA to your regimen to help your skin retain moisture better, combat flaking, and gently exfoliate your skin. For the meantime, this is just a bump in the road to clear skin. It will get better with time, patience, and a bit of jojoba oil during the first two months will help tremendously. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress... smile.png

Thanks for the response! I have been using the jojoba oil and it really does make a difference. I have another question about dryness, does it go away? I mean will my skin eventually get accustomed the BP and not be so dry, flaky and tight feeling? I can't even wear makeup right now because it just accentuates the dryness, and it feels awful! Is this something that is temporary?

No worries, it's just a temporary side effect while your skin becomes accustomed to BP. Once you skin adapts to BP, you will get flaking here and there but nothing to the extent you will experience for the first few months of doing the regimen. I still get minor flaking but for the most part it kept under control by using AHA and I occasionally use my Clarisonic when I want a little bit of a deeper exfoliation. However, when I do use my clarisonic, I use it as my evening regimen. What I do is cleanse, use the clarisonic for a minute, and just moisturize. I skip applying BP & AHA to avoid over irritating my facial skin. The next day, I do DKR as per usual. As far as makeup is concerned, as difficult as it may be, it's a good suggestion to just apply eye makeup and a little concealer and call it a day. I used makeup to cover my acne for too many years and when I decided to commit to DKR, I didn't use makeup as much as so I could allow my skin the opportunity to clear. Once you've gotten your acne and flaking under control, then look into using makeup more often. (Trust me, you won't need as much.. biggrin.png) Hope that is helpful and keep us up to date on your progress... smile.png