Notifications
Clear all

Why Not?

MemberMember
(@amalekited)

Posted : 01/13/2013 9:10 pm

According to the site, adding jojoba oil to your moisturizer will treat dryness/flakiness. My question is, why not just use pure jojoba oil as my moisturizer?

Jojoba oil seems moisturizing enough on its own--so what benefit is there to adding my current lotion to it?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 01/18/2013 12:01 am

My understanding is that there are certain chemicals in moisturising lotion that help the skin to absorb it. Oil you will find acts more like a barrier, locking in the moisture. So when moisturising you face, the lotion is absorbed (somewhat) by the skin and then the jojoba oil 'locks' it in.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 01/19/2013 8:57 pm

Jojoba oil alone just isn't enough, but it works great when mixed with a moisturizer. Try it both ways and you'll see what we mean.

MemberMember
(@troublewacne)

Posted : 01/31/2013 8:06 pm

I found the jojoba oil to be extremely oily. I literally use a half drop with my hand moisturizer on the cold days out on the rig.

MemberMember
(@gq101)

Posted : 02/01/2013 8:27 pm

someone please enlighten me, i know Jojoba oil helps with dryness and flakiness and all that. But I noticed that im flakier when I add jojoba oil to my acne. org moisturizer, and i feel like the mix is just sitting on top of my skin, not really absorbing it. when i stopped adding jojoba oil my flakiness stopped too. I figured maybe my skin finally adjusted to the BP thats why im not as dry and horrendously flaky. Not to put my jojoba oil to waste, I added it to my body lotion instead. a couple of days later i noticed dry patches on my arms. they werent there before I used jojoba oil. why is this so? Is jojoba oil actually causing dryness to my skin? has it mimicked my own skin oil so well that my oil glands decided to stop producing oil?