Oily Skin Help, B5 ...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily Skin Help, B5 & Coenzyme

MemberMember
(@nliu)

Posted : 01/11/2013 12:07 am

Hey, So I'm a 17 year old guy with tan skin. I live in Canada, with humid summers and dry winters (which is now). I usually have more oil production during the winter months. I've tried many different cleansers and moisturizers. I'm currently using Cetaphil gentle cleanser and Complex 15 moisturizer with Clindoyxl as a topical spot treatment. As well Im taking 4.5 grams of D'pantothenic Acid daily, 1.5 grams three times through out the day. This seems to help, I don't get as much cystic acne when I take it but I'm still producing lots of oil and still getting acne just not as bad or as frequent. I eat healthy, no fast food, and eat mostly vegetables and meat, and limit my self to sugar and dairy as I am lactose intolerant. As well cut out alcohol consumption and no drugs. I've tried antibiotic's but I went off them because I didn't want to be on antibiotics as it was unhealthy and I already didn't have a healthy digestive system. Right now I'm happy with my cleanser and moisturizer and topical creams. I want to stay on D.Pantothenic Acid, but I would really like to cut down on the amount of pills that I'm taking. So I've been hearing talk about taking D'Pantothenic Acid (vit b5) with a coenzyme called cysteine I believe? I'm wondering what this will do to help with vitamin B5, in order to reduce the amount of pills and ultimentley help with my skin.

As well what are the pros and cons to taking a B-complex instead of just D'pantothenic Acid, I'm very interested to learn about this coenzyme and B-complex. What i've seen on the web is that, people were still getting results at taking 500mg of D'Pantothenic Acid and 250 mg of Cysteine three times a day.

Any information will help, Cheers!

MemberMember
(@clearupacne)

Posted : 02/08/2013 6:52 pm

You could give it a shot! But your situation sounds a lot like mine used to be. I started taking Saw Palmetto and it helped reduce oil!

Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@777lb)

Posted : 02/14/2013 12:51 am

I'd look into a combination of Fish Oil/Borage Oil/Flaxseed Oil supplement. Borage oil really helped sooth my overproduction of oil when i was on it. Vitamin B5 didnt really help me but i was only taking 6 grams a day. hope that helps.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 02/14/2013 1:16 am

I take 500 mg of B5 and 500 mg of L-cysteine 3 or 4 times a day and it's been working amazingly for me. I also don't wash my face with anything but water, once a day, and I make sure to rub the oil off my face with my fingers when I do it. People have suggested a 2:1 ratio of B5 and L-C, but 1:1 is working better for me at the moment.

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 04/07/2013 5:04 am

I take 500 mg of B5 and 500 mg of L-cysteine 3 or 4 times a day and it's been working amazingly for me. I also don't wash my face with anything but water, once a day, and I make sure to rub the oil off my face with my fingers when I do it. People have suggested a 2:1 ratio of B5 and L-C, but 1:1 is working better for me at the moment.

Does taking L-Cysteine counter potential hair loss from B5? I'm afraid to take over 1 gram of B5 after hearing all the horror stories about hair loss.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 04/07/2013 10:14 am

I don't know. I stopped taking B5 and L-c. It was only a placebo.

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 04/08/2013 6:12 am

I don't know. I stopped taking B5 and L-c. It was only a placebo.

How long did you take B5 for? Was 1.5 to 2 grams every day? Did you experience any hair loss from it?