Notifications
Clear all

Human Laziness Towards Nutrition

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/08/2013 7:14 am

What a joke this is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2258830/Can-stomach-New-pump-sucks-food-straight-belly-dieters-eat-want-digesting-calories.html

A lot of us have different opinions on nutrition and how to do things. That is great and i welcome the debate.

However the above link is just the apex of human laziness.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 01/08/2013 9:18 am

I can't believe that's actually a thing! I find it disgusting - both the mechanism and that there are people that would want to use this / rather use thisthan improve their diet/lifestyle because they are, as you said, lazy.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/08/2013 11:49 am

Recently I saw a picture of a banana slicer. I wonder where this world is going towards..

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/08/2013 1:38 pm

Recently I saw a picture of a banana slicer. I wonder where this world is going towards..

That's a symptom of our capitalist consumer driven society. People will make tons of things no one needs but people buy them, And after a while, it never seems to occur to people that these things aren't essential. Look cleaning and personal care products.

Electric can openers for anyone that doesn't have a problem with their hands still amaze me. Why would you want these things cluttering up your counters and power outlets? I've only ever seen 1 person use one and that was my grandmother that had arthritis, but since they bring it up on the news every time we are expecting a storm likely to result in power outages, I must assume that a great many people rely on them and need to be reminded that manual can openers exist and they should get one. But then again, our news broadcasts are full of stupidity.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/08/2013 2:47 pm

Oh. Dear. God. What in the name of....just no, no that can't actually be happening?! ....can it?! saywhat.gif

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 01/08/2013 5:49 pm

I still can't believe that, and why would anyone would want to use that, they must be quite desperate to resort into buying that.

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 01/08/2013 6:17 pm

One of my pet peeves is wasting food... This is absolutely disgusting.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 01/09/2013 3:29 am

lol

I'm getting one. I'm sick of this whole eating healthy thing anyway

But for real, this is sick. I really like this comment made by someone in the comment section:

"This is utterly immoral. Children starving to death every second of every day and the Americans come up with a machine that allows obese people to sit all day and just eat whatever they want in life threatening amounts. I am usually a sympathetic person but this is a step too far- it is time to stop treating obscenely obese people like babies and put more pressure on them to eat healthily and exercise more. These gluttons do not deserve to just spend their lives sitting and eating and no one should be helping them to do this either"

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/09/2013 3:29 am

lol

I'm getting one. I'm sick of this whole eating healthy thing anyway

lol

I just can't be bothered to digest my own food anymore lol