Notifications
Clear all

A Very Interesting Article On How Someone Cured Their Acne

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 01/07/2013 6:20 am

I found this on a forum, She pretty much explains how she tried so many things to cure her acne but nothing worked and the only thing that helped her was being happy and "letting go" of her problems. This has cleared up her skin, some people might think this is bs but I totally buy into this theory of hers. Because I have noticed whenever I forget about my acne and just live my life it does somewhat gets better but when I complain or pay too much attention staring at myself in the mirror like 20 times a day my face gets worse and worse. This topic might help some people. The link is here:

http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?20140-Using-Law-of-Attraction-to-cure-acne/page4&highlight=acne

Let me know your opinions

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 01/07/2013 1:28 pm

I found this on a forum, She pretty much explains how she tried so many things to cure her acne but nothing worked and the only thing that helped her was being happy and "letting go" of her problems. This has cleared up her skin, some people might think this is bs but I totally buy into this theory of hers. Because I have noticed whenever I forget about my acne and just live my life it does somewhat gets better but when I complain or pay too much attention staring at myself in the mirror like 20 times a day my face gets worse and worse. This topic might help some people. The link is here:

http://www.abeforum....&highlight=acne

Thanks for the article. Yeah, a lot of acne.org users and people all over the place really, are noticing the very close connection between bodily imbalances and emotions. It is said even in medicine that our mind and body are incredibly intertwined. I strongly believe that my acne is in part due to my holding onto resentments, stress, anxieties, etc. and not "releasing" it enough. Emotions can be toxins, too. And a lot of other people are having success with treating the psychological root of things.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 01/07/2013 3:38 pm

i agree, ive noticed a bunch of times when i was too busy having fun with friends and stuff to care about my skin, and i think the stress relief and me not messing with my skin really helped

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 01/07/2013 6:03 pm

I don't think my body is able to produce the chemical reaction to be happy anymore. I seriously forgot what it feels like.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/10/2013 4:42 am

http://www.abeforum....&highlight=acne

I wouldnt got as far as to say "cure" but that is certainly the way to deal with it.

Even people get clear they are typically still depressed and have problems letting go.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 01/10/2013 4:06 pm

Hey guys, Please check out this thread also.

http://www.fastereft.com/community/general-fastereft-questions/skin-issues-acne

VERY helpful stuff here.

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 01/10/2013 7:30 pm

Hey guys, Please check out this thread also.

http://www.fastereft...kin-issues-acne

VERY helpful stuff here.

What an amazing site! Thanks for sharing! :)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 01/10/2013 11:10 pm

You're welcome. The part that particularly stood out for me was the affirmation someone mentioned, "I release and let go of the true cause of my acne." <--this is VERY powerful! Because most of us don't know the true cause and that is what has left us desperately trying so many things--and therefore becoming very depressed and frustrated. Doing this affirmation allows you to release and let go of whatever is causing your problem, even if you don't know what it is.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/11/2013 2:06 am

As you say, I think it's safe to conclude that your mental and physical state are intertwined. I think that long term, inescapable stress can contribute to acne. I know that there isn't much conclusive research there yet, but that is what I think.

What I don't like is when people insinuate that positivity is all you need. Remember that real problems resist simplicity. Being told "it's all in your head" is extremely damaging, no matter how upliftingly it is phrased. People who have heard it before can sense when the talk they're being given is going to conclude with "bootstraps". Somehow, that fix seems to place fault on the inflicted, and takes away their other avenues to solution. It's why some parents feel justified rejecting Accutane, or why people don't feel comfortable using "chemicals" to help themselves even when they have exhausted other options. "Got Acne? Well suck it up and think happy thoughts! That girl did it without dermatologists, why can't you?" I seriously think that there are people who are damaging themselves and others using that logic as justification, and I am sad for them.

Nevertheless, a story about someone who beat acne is a story to be happy about. :)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 01/13/2013 11:34 am

I came up with an analogy to explain how I think this works:

Clear skin is like a tabletop. In order to do its tabletop duties, it must remain flat and parallel to the ground. To do this, it needs 4 legs to hold it up.

Things like diet and nutrition, positive mental outlook, self-esteem, stress levels, sleep, hormone balance, exercise levels, etc. all form the "legs" of your table. Different people need different amounts of different things to keep their table flat. For some, a simple diet change may provide them the clear skin they want. For others, just ceasing to stress out so much may do the trick. Other exercise, or positive visualization, etc. These people have it easier than the rest of us because they probably already had some of the foundations of clear skin in place.

But for some of us, it's never going to be all one thing, at least not for advanced, persistent cases of acne like mine. For most of my life, I don't think I had any of the foundations for clear skin. I was horrible stressed and lived in constant fear. I ate terribly and abused my body with alcohol, drugs and cigarettes. I had a dismal outlook on the future and felt suicidal--no hope.

In my case, I see now that my eating disorder issues and the stress I was in were making up two legs of my table. They were huge issues for me, and my skin couldn't be clear because I didn't have the basis for it. My table was propped up on a diagonal of two incredibly strong, nutrition and diet based legs. But there was absolutely no support coming from the areas of my mind and emotions.

There are probably people out there who have the opposite problem. They can't get their table upright because they've only focused on positive thinking but are still overloading their bodies with gluten and processed foods every day.

Okay I hope someone understands my analogy. I'm going to stop talking about tables now. The end. biggrin.png

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 01/13/2013 11:59 pm

I said that to myself.. to be just let it go. I've been always happy so yeah, but since I stopped looking at the mirror and thinking of my skin, it has gotten better.

MemberMember
(@myadultacnecure)

Posted : 01/14/2013 7:34 am

This is really interesting. I have had a very stressful life and chronic stress runs in my family as well (not sure if I have the stress disorder though, as life events have led to my perpetual stress I believe). I was watching a "Clear skin hypnosis" on youtube, and the guy keeps mentioning to go in your past to the stressful part of your life that caused your acne and to see it reversing. It really made me feel better, and I realize now that I have always wished to go back to my childhood and relive life as a happy, normal person...so for people with a similar problem to me in being unable to really just "move on", maybe roleplaying games of sorts are the best way to go about it? I've been a big gamer most of my life, but nothing happened so I'm thinking of buying a ball jointed doll and actively pretending it's me and reliving my entire life with it from age 13 until today (in the privacy of my own home of course haha...).