Notifications
Clear all

Seems As If Accutane Is The Only Answer?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/05/2013 4:26 am

After trying so many diets, topicals, and one course of antibiotics, seems as if accutane is the answer. I have the accutane prescription with me for about a month and half (took 2 pills) and then decided not to take it. But the acne on my body is stressing me like crazy.

Seems like accutane is the only way to go..

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 01/05/2013 5:03 am

Did you try all the other things for a long enough time to see if they will work? I only say this as it seems you're still hesitant to take accutane - I would be too. But if you and your derm feel you've exhausted all other options and you want to take accutane then that's up to you.

Hope it works out well for you whatever treatment you choose!

MemberMember
(@williamrickard)

Posted : 01/05/2013 7:52 am

No, accutane is not the answer. Watch the Tv that I was in over here in the UK; Dying for clear skin and then come back with your answer. Danne is the way forward for treatment.

MemberMember
(@sound-of-hope)

Posted : 01/05/2013 12:00 pm

After trying so many diets, topicals, and one course of antibiotics, seems as if accutane is the answer. I have the accutane prescription with me for about a month and half (took 2 pills) and then decided not to take it. But the acne on my body is stressing me like crazy.

If it appears that isotretinoin is the only way to go, then why did you stop taking it? It is by far the most effective acne medication available...

No, accutane is not the answer. Watch the Tv that I was in over here in the UK; Dying for clear skin and then come back with your answer. Danne is the way forward for treatment.

I dont know if that company is paying you to write statements like the above or what, but isotretinoin is the answer to acne for many people. If you doubt it, ask any reputable dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@williamrickard)

Posted : 01/05/2013 12:05 pm

If it appears that isotretinoin is the only way to go, then why did you stop taking it? It is by far the most effective acne medication available...

I dont know if that company is paying you to write statements like the above or what, but isotretinoin is the answer to acne for many people. If you doubt it, ask any reputable dermatologist.

Have you seen Dying for clear skin? I'm not paid to write this, I have a blog that I update regularly. Wish I could prove it to you somehow. Isotret is not a good idea, basically playing Russian roulette with your life, don't do it

MemberMember
(@sanlosang)

Posted : 01/05/2013 12:14 pm

Doctors get PhD for a reason. They study for many years in order to be able to decide to their best knowledge what's the best possible treatment for you... If you got Accutane or recommended Accutane I really see no reason why listen to anyone but your dermatologist... I'm pretty sure they are also well aware of the risks.

They might be mistaken but in my opinion your best chances for getting better is with your doctor. If the fear is not logical (like I had sick fear of blood-test) then it's a different story and I recommend you look for methods for handling that damaging fear (the sooner the better - without any relation to the Accutane).

Best of luck, hope you'll be clear (with or without Accutane).

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/06/2013 1:47 am

Well i guess i should rephrase my statemenet. Accutane is the answer IF you have taken antibiotics, because reversing leaky gut seems damn near impossible

I stopped the accutane because there are periods of time where my body acne becomes clear (and i think is this it? did i do it? did my diet work? no stress? etc etc) and bam comes back with a VENGEANCE.

I guess accutane is the way to go..