Only Ordering The A...

Notifications
Clear all

Only Ordering The Acne.org Treatment (2.5% Bp)

MemberMember
(@iwillsurvive)

Posted : 01/04/2013 7:47 am

Since i live in New Zealand, I was thinking of only ordering the acne.org treatment (2.5% bp) instead of the whole kit since shipping is way too expensive.

I've read several reviews on the moisturizer and they weren't all that great. So I'm thinking of using cetaphil moisturizing lotion as a replacement at night, and maybe mix it with the acne.org jojoba oil as well since I've heard it is quite thick.

In the day time I might use the olay complete moisturizer with spf 15.

For the cleanser, I'm currently unsure whether or not I should purchase. It does have some good reviews, but to my understanding it is just a simple cleanser with no special medication, correct? I was thinking cetaphil oily skin cleanser should be a good replacement.

Any thoughts?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/04/2013 1:45 pm

The magic of the regimen is the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. The other elements are somewhat more forgiving. While I personally use and enjoy the Acne.org moisturizer and cleanser, I wouldn't care all that much if I were forced to use another brand. The BP, on the other hand... if the acne.org benzoyl peroxide were to be discontinued, my whole regimen would be destroyed. So I think it makes a lot of sense for you to order just the benzoyl peroxide, and find local brands for everything else.

The moisturizers you have mentioned are quite popular, and many people have used them on the regimen. I used the Olay SPF during the summer, with no reaction whatsoever. They would serve well as your moisturizer.

The acne.org cleanser is just a basic cleanser, with one unique feature in that it lathers. I've come to like that feature. I didn't care about this feature at first, and many people don't care about it at all. I would try to find a cleanser locally, depending on the expense of shipping. I might even try to find the Jojoba oil locally. If I'm not mistaken, it is often grown in New Zealand?