Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo....round 2

MemberMember
(@lovevintage86)

Posted : 01/02/2013 8:38 pm

Ok so I have been apart of acne.org or have followed it since I was 18 years old. When I turned 18 my skin broke out in the worst acne ever and I had to be put on accutane for a whole year! It saved my face but I don't even want to know what it did to my body. I had clear skin but would suffer form the occasional breakout around my period so I was put on orthotricycline and it helped a bunch. A few months ago I broke out quite a bit due to stress and hormones and my derm put me on Epiduo, I would say within a month my skin cleared up again and I stopped using it. About a year later my hormones and stress levels have been crazy as well as my diet and my skin went nuts, I also had to take two plan B's within two weeks because of different information my pharmacist told me on taking an antibiotic with birth control. After taking the two plan B's my face went into full acne mode. I decided to start a daily blog and mark my progress with Epiduo and Minocycline. Wish me luck and tell me about your experience with Epiduo.

Apply Epiduo at night, I have been applying it every other night but its been really drying so Im gunna skip two nights in between for a week and then go to every other night.

Cetaphil wash and lotion

I plan to update more about my routine and diet when i have more time as well as upload pictures when I have more time just wanted to get started! Wish me luck!

MemberMember
(@tnorm)

Posted : 02/25/2015 8:04 pm

Hi! How did this work out for you? I was on epiduo and doxycyxline 100 mg this Time last year and it cleared my mild to moderate acne beautifully within 3 months! About 10 months later my zits slowly came back and I was switched to ziana and minocycline. Today at my derm appointment I was switched from ziana back to epiduo because I made little to no progress with ziana )): !!! My derm said she didn't know if it would work but I'm hoping it works for me just as good as the first time around. I would love to know your experience! Thanks

MemberMember
(@mandarine)

Posted : 03/02/2015 8:12 am

Hi!

So glad to hear that I am not alone haha, Epiduo round 2 for me too! I'll start it tonight.

Let's cross our fingers there will not have any purge, like it did two years ago!

I cannot forget how red and dry my skin was, I'm like freaking out. A lot.

And you how do you feel?

MemberMember
(@tnorm)

Posted : 03/02/2015 9:28 am

Hi!

So glad to hear that I am not alone haha, Epiduo round 2 for me too! I'll start it tonight.

Let's cross our fingers there will not have any purge, like it did two years ago!

I cannot forget how red and dry my skin was, I'm like freaking out. A lot.

And you how do you feel?

I started about a week ago and so far all my previous acne is shrinking and drying up! No new breakouts however and not very much flaking at all actually! I didn't get an initial breakout my last time so Im hoping i don't this time! Good luck((:

MemberMember
(@mandarine)

Posted : 03/02/2015 5:44 pm

Glad to hear that, man!