Notifications
Clear all

What Foods Can I Eat?

MemberMember
(@xevan)

Posted : 12/31/2012 9:34 pm

Hi,

I'm 21. I have acne, I never really suffered from bad acne up until a few weeks ago when I started eating cups of noodles that broke me out really bad. And I'm still trying to get rid of all the big red spots that the noodles caused.

Anyway, Foods that I know for a fact I can't eat without breaking out include: Noodles, Cookies, Candy, Brownies, Pizza, Hamburgers, Chicken, Peas, Peanut butter, Butter, Cheese. I'm sure there's more but those foods are just off the top of my head. Foods that I can actually eat include: Apples, Blueberries, Celery, Spaghetti. And I eat some TV dinners and cereals occasionally, which are fine. These foods are the only ones that I know for a fact I can eat without breaking out, and it's been my diet for the past 4 months, which isn't good because I've lost 8 pounds. I don't need to lose weight, I'm 5'2''. And I was 108 Ibs, but now I'm 100 Ibs. So, is there anything else I can eat (other than the foods I listed above) if I have acne? Also, I have dry/oily skin if that helps.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 01/01/2013 12:51 am

Basically- all the foods you listed that you "can't eat" are processed junk...that aren't really foods at all. They do nothing for your body and damage it in the long run. So thank your acne- because if you change your diet you will be very grateful down the road. Secondly, all the foods that you "can" eat are whole foods. They provide nutrients for your body and that is what everyone should be eating to sustain themselves. Except of course, for the TV dinners you listed. Opt for a whole food diet: if you can't farm raise it, pick it or grow it...don't eat it. Fruits, veggies, fish, poultry, all natural and preferably grass fed meat, eggs, grass fed butter and olive & coconut oils. Eat sweet potatoes to keep your weight up. Avoid wheat like the plague because from your food reactions I bet you have gluten intolerance. Good luck

ThinMints liked
MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/01/2013 10:18 am

Basically- all the foods you listed that you "can't eat" are processed junk...that aren't really foods at all. They do nothing for your body and damage it in the long run. So thank your acne- because if you change your diet you will be very grateful down the road. Secondly, all the foods that you "can" eat are whole foods. They provide nutrients for your body and that is what everyone should be eating to sustain themselves. Except of course, for the TV dinners you listed. Opt for a whole food diet: if you can't farm raise it, pick it or grow it...don't eat it. Fruits, veggies, fish, poultry, all natural and preferably grass fed meat, eggs, grass fed butter and olive & coconut oils. Eat sweet potatoes to keep your weight up. Avoid wheat like the plague because from your food reactions I bet you have gluten intolerance. Good luck

Yes. You can add all kinds of real foods to your diet. With these things called nutrients in them. And don't drink sugar. This will have benefits far more important than clearer skin.