Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoserXP

[Pic] Is This Normal?

Yesterday night I applied a tiny dab of clean and clear on the spot benzoyl peroxide 10% treatment to my acne and this is the result: see attachment below.

When I say tiny, I meant a small TINY dab. I did not intend to apply the treatment and spread it so wide.

Right this moment my skin is extremely red, burning, and itching! Is this completely normal? I read that itching and redness will go away overtime but is it normal to have red burning skin? Is Dan's 2.5 benzoyl peroxide for me?

Thanks!

post-139895-0-96417400-1356706394_thumb.

post-139895-0-96417400-1356706394_thumb.

Edited by LoserXP

Thanks,

In the past, I've used Proactiv 2.5% benzoyl peroxide for several years with success until my skin became immune to it. I really hope this is the not case with Dan's 2.5 benzoyl peroxide.

Thanks,

In the past, I've used Proactiv 2.5% benzoyl peroxide for several years with success until my skin became immune to it. I really hope this is the not case with Dan's 2.5 benzoyl peroxide.

Skin doesn't come immune to 2.5% BP, as far as I know, it must be other factors.

Going to a 10% strength wont make a difference, it's always best to use 2.5%, the only difference 10% makes is dryer skin.

when used correctly dans BP should do you great

No it doesn't look normal. Its a good thing you spot treated because your whole face could look like that. I'd spot treat again with 2.5% and if it causes the same reaction you could very well be allergic