Notifications
Clear all

Changing My Make Up,will It Make A Difference?

MemberMember
(@blackheart12)

Posted : 12/28/2012 4:48 am

Hi everyone

I'm chanting my make up,as my skin is still breaking out a lot. whatever treatment I try,spots are still there,and new ones still come and Im thinkin maybe its using make up. I use Revlon colourstay,maybellein dream powder,and maybelein concealer. I'm changing to witch clearing concealer,almay clear complexion pressed powder,and loreal colour endure foundation. all non comedogenic I think? my skin care routine is cleanse with eucerin dermo purifyer,apply zineryt which has been prescribed by my gp and seems to be helping,and moisturizing with pro active oil free moisturizer and I also use a little aha at night. do you think changing my make up might help? the doctor dairy my acne isn't sever,but is definitely moderate,because of how stubborn and persistant it is. I break out on my head and chin and around my mouth and always have quite a few spots,as soon as they start to clear up,more appear. they are white heads,and under the skin ones with no head that are sore. thanks guys

MemberMember
(@mameha)

Posted : 01/02/2013 6:17 am

Absolutely, the makeup you wear can make a difference. I had to stop using Everyday Minerals because I noticed whenever I applied it over a blemish, the skin became incredibly irritated. Since I switched to a lighter coverage, liquid foundation I noticed a remarkable difference in my skin and thankfully I haven't broken out since.

Please keep in mind that your skin is different from anyone else's and the key is experimenting to find what suits you best. A product that makes someone break out won't necessarily cause you to break out. The trial and error can be a pain but checking to see that you've chosen a non-comedogenic option will steer you on the right path.

What I've found helps the most are the makeup reviews on makeupalley.com - I went by the highest "buy again" percentage to choose my foundation. You'll also see that the posts list the skin type of the person doing the review.

Best of luck to you!