Notifications
Clear all

Week #1

MemberMember
(@mrsmuniz)

Posted : 12/24/2012 11:20 pm

Hello,

My name is Heather and I am 30 years old. I've always been unhappy with my skin, but now that I look back at pictures... with one or two minor breakouts, I had beautiful skin! Each year that I get older my skin has progressively gotten worse. Now I have breakouts, scars and have been disappointment all around. Also has been affecting my confidence. UNTIL NOW...

I am putting my faith in Acne.org, following every "Rule" to best ability. I've been using the over-the-counter recommendations for the past 11 days (Clean & Clear Foaming Cleanser, Neutrogena Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%, Olay SPF Moisturizer) until receiving the Acne.org kit today!

Though I have still experienced breakouts and the flaking that everyone had warned about over the past 11 days, I'm continuing on... after using the Acne.org products for the first this evening, I LOVE the feel of them. The BP goes on soooo much smoother than the Neutrogena one. My skin feels very soft after completing each step. I'm looking forward to the success that others have had with these products and am following Dan's advise to the very best of my ability. I will post my progress in a couple of weeks! Wish me luck! :o) Same to you all!

MemberMember
(@mrsmuniz)

Posted : 11/10/2013 10:01 am

UPDATE - It's been almost a full year since starting acne.org regimen and I don't go anywhere without it. After the first few months of following all of Dan's rules, I was experiencing painful breakouts on my neck and along my jaw-line, so I continued to apply the BP to those areas thinking that it would help, but they continued. It wasn't until I STOPPED applying the BP to my neck and jaw-line that they disappeared. I have never really had an issue with breakouts in that area and I think the BP was too much for those sensitive areas. Another thing that I experience negatively, was that even after 5 months of using the products, the dry/peeling/flaking never went away. I though my skin would eventually adjust, but it was miserable.... SO I scaled back my use of the BP and AHA... AND almost instantly my skin improved! I now use the BP ONLY at night, followed by moisturizer. My morning routine is just cleanser and moisturizer. I use AHA rarely, maybe once every 3-4 weeks at night after applying the BP. This has really worked for my skin. I love the regimen and its great to start out doing exactly as Dan says, but if notice that it may not quite be providing the results that you had hoped... may need to tweak here and there to find what works best for you. I will always use these products, I have finally found something that works. Just wish I would've found this sooner so it couldn't prevented some of the scarring. I will look for old pics to show the difference, but as I was so embarrassed of my breakouts, I was not comfortable being photographed, but will look to see what I can find. :)

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 11/10/2013 10:48 am

i had the EXACT same thing happen to me with the breakouts just under my jawline/neck - again it stopped as soon as i kept the BP away from there - just reinforces the irritation = acne theory because like you said that area must have been too sensitive for the BP.

MrsMuniz liked