Notifications
Clear all

Fiber For Acne

MemberMember
(@kolhoz)

Posted : 12/23/2012 11:20 pm

Recently been researching more about Fiber. Low fiber has been linked to acne, and many other dieases. Fiber stableizes the blood sugar. Fiber sucks hormones up and passes them out the body. Man is supossed to get 20 grams of fiber per day. This is all data from my days of research. I went and bought oatmeal, fiber one ceral, fiber bars, popcorn, all kinds of food high in fiber. The last 3 days i've been getting 20 grams of fiber or more in my diet.

Maybe this was the reason causing my acne all along. I haven't had any new break outs since i've up'd my fiber. My face is clearing, but too early to give a defiante answer. I will keep you updated on how this goes.

STUFF THAT I'VE TRIED IN 3 MONTHS THAT HAS NOT WORKED

1) Bought expensive bath towels

2) Went vegetarian for one month

3) Went vegan for one month

4) Bought multiple single vitamins

5) Bought a multi-vitamin

6) Stopped driking soft drinks

7) Went Gluten-Free for one month

8) Switched to sensetive skin laundry detergent

9) Switched to sensetive skin bath soap

10) Bought sulfate free shampoo

11) Bought toothpaste without sodium lauyral sulfate

12) Changed pillow case to 100% cotton

13) Took accutane w/o a prescription for one month

14) Bought multiple salacitic acid washes

15) Bought multiple benzoly peroxide three step kits plus creams

16) Exercied jogging

17) Drank tons of water

18) Drank apple cider vinegar

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/24/2012 12:47 am

Well- if I were you- I'd ditch all that mainstream supermarket crap (fiber one bars- god knows what's really in them) and increase intake of real and GLUTEN FREE fiber. Man was not created to eat wheat. At all. It's violent to everyone's immune system. I agree with every benefit you said about fiber though. So up your intake of fruits and veggies, gluten free oats if you must, beans if you must, and maybe a psyllium husk drink mix. Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 12/24/2012 1:27 am

I took Glucomannan for a few months. It helped with my digestion and bowel movements a bit. No noticeable difference in my skin though. And you're not supposed to take it for more than a few months.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/24/2012 9:27 am

Ditch all that junk and Get your fiber from real food filled with these things called nutrients. That will help your acne.

MemberMember
(@kolhoz)

Posted : 12/26/2012 10:29 pm

Update:

Only had 1 white head in the whole time i've up'd my fiber. (4 days)

I should have taken advice from the research I did. All the sources said to slowly ease the fiber into my diet, and dont just introduce a lot of fiber at once.

I've been constapated for a couple of days and very gassy. Keep you posted

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/03/2013 4:16 pm

Try having psyllium husk powder but get ur fiber from natural sources like brown rice, oatmeal etc.