Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MichelleKL77

Starting To See Improvement!

Hi Everyone,

So this is my 4th week on the regimen and I am finally starting to see improvement in my acne. Products I am using are Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, Daniel Kern 2.5 BP Treatment, and Cetaphil Restoraderm moisture lotion, and jojoba oil at night with the moisturizer. For the first three weeks I was using complex 15 as my moisturizer but it just wasn't enough for my skin so I bought the cetaphil one and the dryness, flakiness, and redness has gone down so much I highly recommend that product.

I'm just going to explain how my skin reacted to the regimen in the first 3 weeks and then tell you what happened in the 4th week.

So the first week: skin was dry and flaking but acne seemed to be drying up a little

2nd week: WORST breakout ever, i'm talking huge cyst, wouldn't even leave the house breakout. My skin was so dry that when I tired to apply makeup it would just flake off, so I literally didn't leave the house, I'd say I had about 15-20 pimples on my face, and they were not small at all, they were huge.

3rd week: Still very badly broken out, wanted to stop the regimen because I was so discouraged, noticing that acne is healing more quickly though so I kept going

4th week: replaced complex 15 moist with cetaphil moisturizer. I immediately noticed the dryness and flakiness go down and acne is seriously starting to improve, I have scarring but I do scar easily, but right now I only have about 4-6 pimples, they are healing quickly and are not as large as usual.

I'm going to continue with the regimen because I feel it is working for me, I will say that I eat pretty healthy but in the past changing my diet never changed my skin, one thing I started doing that I think is helping is drinking green tea, I drink about 2-3 cups a day of green tea, I put honey in it to sweeten it, and I do take supplements as well, but I have been taking supplements for two years and I would still get very bad breakouts, so the main thing battling my acne is the regimen.

The supplements I take:

Multi

Omega 3

Probiotic- refrigerated

Zinc

B Complex

Hi Everyone,

So this is my 4th week on the regimen and I am finally starting to see improvement in my acne. Products I am using are Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, Daniel Kern 2.5 BP Treatment, and Cetaphil Restoraderm moisture lotion, and jojoba oil at night with the moisturizer. For the first three weeks I was using complex 15 as my moisturizer but it just wasn't enough for my skin so I bought the cetaphil one and the dryness, flakiness, and redness has gone down so much I highly recommend that product.

I'm just going to explain how my skin reacted to the regimen in the first 3 weeks and then tell you what happened in the 4th week.

So the first week: skin was dry and flaking but acne seemed to be drying up a little

2nd week: WORST breakout ever, i'm talking huge cyst, wouldn't even leave the house breakout. My skin was so dry that when I tired to apply makeup it would just flake off, so I literally didn't leave the house, I'd say I had about 15-20 pimples on my face, and they were not small at all, they were huge.

3rd week: Still very badly broken out, wanted to stop the regimen because I was so discouraged, noticing that acne is healing more quickly though so I kept going

4th week: replaced complex 15 moist with cetaphil moisturizer. I immediately noticed the dryness and flakiness go down and acne is seriously starting to improve, I have scarring but I do scar easily, but right now I only have about 4-6 pimples, they are healing quickly and are not as large as usual.

I'm going to continue with the regimen because I feel it is working for me, I will say that I eat pretty healthy but in the past changing my diet never changed my skin, one thing I started doing that I think is helping is drinking green tea, I drink about 2-3 cups a day of green tea, I put honey in it to sweeten it, and I do take supplements as well, but I have been taking supplements for two years and I would still get very bad breakouts, so the main thing battling my acne is the regimen.

The supplements I take:

Multi

Omega 3

Probiotic- refrigerated

Zinc

B Complex

Thats awesome that you are seeing improvement :) Congrats!!