Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Tried Topical Borage, Evening Primrose, Hemp Seed Oils?

MemberMember
(@patientx)

Posted : 12/21/2012 8:27 pm

I wondered if the GLA in Borage and Evening Primrose oil and the linoleic acid in Hemp seed oil would work topically.

Has anyone tried that? What's your result?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 9:57 pm

I did use evening primrose oil topically and orally many years ago. From what I remember I broke out more.

MemberMember
(@patientx)

Posted : 12/21/2012 10:48 pm

I did use evening primrose oil topically and orally many years ago. From what I remember I broke out more.

Do you think your breaking out was caused by just the topical application? Did taking it orally alone make you break out more?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 11:29 pm

Do you think your breaking out was caused by just the topical application? Did taking it orally alone make you break out more?

I did both. So I couldn't tell you. Some things work better when applied topically anyway, because when you take a pill it gets filtered through your liver, so I wouldn't rule out that applying topically might have made me break out more than taking it internally.

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 12/22/2012 12:52 am

I used evening primrose oil topically awhile back. I had some fresh acne marks and in two days it had reduced the redness by half. As far as working on active acne, I didn't notice much of a difference. Although, I didn't use it for very long!!

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 12/22/2012 10:24 am

The GLA in borage oil is excellent for healing chronically dry skin and eczema. It's included in many non-steroidal alternative creams for the aforementioned conditions. I keep borage oil capsules in my purse and break them open to apply to my face if it's getting too dry/itchy/whatever. It does not break me out.

I do not care for the price or hormonal effects of EPO. Hemp seed oil is great internally, but green and smells like lawn. You won't like it on your face.

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 12/22/2012 10:26 pm

I used to mix manuka honey and hemp oil together and would put it on and let it harden into a mask, was great for my skin but was really expensive, haven't done it in years, but just lately started taking fish oil for the omega-3 and hemp oil for the GLA to combat my dry skin and just all the numerous health benefits from it and its been great, stronger eyes, more lubricated eyes and skin, hair, boost in energy. I was thinking about putting the hemp oil on my skin again to see how it does for dry skin, I hardly get breakouts anymore for me now its just a dry skin minor problem, get flakes along my nose and eyebrows. I think im gonna try it and ill get back to ya.