Notifications
Clear all

Bactrim Ds- How Long Til This Starts Working And Clears Me Up?

MemberMember
(@acneman21293)

Posted : 12/18/2012 11:23 pm

I've been on Bactrim DS for a week now. I've been using BP at night too. It seemed to help a little but a couple of days ago I developed a couple of cysts on my chin. A new one came in today. Should I switch to another anti or will the Bactrim start preventing new pimples soon? This is so frustrating.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 12/19/2012 12:06 am

I've been on Bactrim DS for a week now. I've been using BP at night too. It seemed to help a little but a couple of days ago I developed a couple of cysts on my chin. A new one came in today. Should I switch to another anti or will the Bactrim start preventing new pimples soon? This is so frustrating.

Thanks!

Any antibiotic should take 2-3 months until you will start seeing real results. Sometimes it takes longer or shorter for the effects of the antibiotic to be noticed, it really depends on how our bodies handle it. Unfortunately with any acne medication it takes some time to get the real benefits, it sucks, but we acne sufferers have to be patient. Good luck!!!

MemberMember
(@acneman21293)

Posted : 12/19/2012 12:48 am

Thanks for responding to all my topics haha. You've been a big help

MemberMember
(@acneman21293)

Posted : 12/23/2012 9:32 pm

Just thought I'd let you guys know how it was going. I am about to finish my 2nd week on Bactrim DS twice a day. I am also doing the DK regimen at night. My skin looked like it was about completely clear yesterday but I developed a few tiny bumps and one huge cyst throughout today. I'm not that worried about it because I can see it is working and it's only a matter of time before I'm clear (or at least I'm prayin for it). Hopefully by the end of next week I'll be good to go. I do need to stop smoking and drinking caffeine though because for some reason I seem to breakout after doing these things. I'll keep yall posted