Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
itsoveryes

Vitamin B5 Hairloss- Cured (Pictures)

Would everyone say at least that the hair loss hasn't gotten worse over time? Like wherever and however you've experienced B5 hair loss, it hasn't really progressed, but rather remained at that baseline. Which for me (as maybe one of the very few females on this board), has been permanent hair loss at temples, overall thinning, hair being more brittle, and then just an ungodly amount of shedding everyday. I halfheartedly check this forum once every few months to see if anyone has "discovered" anything new and never see anything promising. :( I'm seriously considering buying my own centrifuge, as now there are platelet rich plasma kits and tutorials online. I think someone previously posted about trying PRP professionally without success, but at least if you're trying it at home you're not wasting thousands of dollars? Probably will be a wasted effort, but still something I'm potentially considering. Anyways, during my 5 years or so since B5 I don't think my hair loss is any worse at least... And with how much I shed I should be bald right now, but somehow I'm not.

On 3/31/2021 at 12:21 PM, valorous said:

Would everyone say at least that the hair loss hasn't gotten worse over time? Like wherever and however you've experienced B5 hair loss, it hasn't really progressed, but rather remained at that baseline. Which for me (as maybe one of the very few females on this board), has been permanent hair loss at temples, overall thinning, hair being more brittle, and then just an ungodly amount of shedding everyday. I halfheartedly check this forum once every few months to see if anyone has "discovered" anything new and never see anything promising. :( I'm seriously considering buying my own centrifuge, as now there are platelet rich plasma kits and tutorials online. I think someone previously posted about trying PRP professionally without success, but at least if you're trying it at home you're not wasting thousands of dollars? Probably will be a wasted effort, but still something I'm potentially considering. Anyways, during my 5 years or so since B5 I don't think my hair loss is any worse at least... And with how much I shed I should be bald right now, but somehow I'm not.

So what is your best recommendation for women who are suffering hair loss?

On 4/5/2021 at 8:35 PM, milkysweet said:

So what is your best recommendation for women who are suffering hair loss?

Hi milkysweet, I don't know, I wish I did. :( I haven't found anything that has reduced my shedding.

Hi. I’m a female who began taking pantothenic acid in December 2019. I would take 10-15 pills per day (500 mg each). My acne (face and back) was completely gone within 3-4 months. I noticed my ponytail feeling thinner January 2020 but didn’t think too much. Then I noticed my hair way thinner late April 2020. I still kept taking the pills but tapered off of them (probably not as slow as I should have) and took the last pill June 1, 2020. At that point, I was losing handfuls of hair. My hair eventually decreased by at least 50%. Thankfully I had very thick hair to begin with. From June 2020 until January 2021 I tried multiple things to stop the hair loss (inositol powder, biotin, zinc, fish oil, barleans essential vitamins, etc.). February 2021 I began to take Viviscal supplements that I bought at Target. You’re supposed to take one pill two times a day. Sometimes I remember to take two pills a day and other days I just take one (rarely, I forgot to take them at all).  Last week I noticed my hair feeling much fuller. My boyfriend and coworkers can see the difference too. I have a lot of short flyaways now. I hope post this helps someone else :) 

On 4/23/2021 at 10:54 PM, Terrifairy13 said:

Hi. I’m a female who began taking pantothenic acid in December 2019. I would take 10-15 pills per day (500 mg each). My acne (face and back) was completely gone within 3-4 months. I noticed my ponytail feeling thinner January 2020 but didn’t think too much. Then I noticed my hair way thinner late April 2020. I still kept taking the pills but tapered off of them (probably not as slow as I should have) and took the last pill June 1, 2020. At that point, I was losing handfuls of hair. My hair eventually decreased by at least 50%. Thankfully I had very thick hair to begin with. From June 2020 until January 2021 I tried multiple things to stop the hair loss (inositol powder, biotin, zinc, fish oil, barleans essential vitamins, etc.). February 2021 I began to take Viviscal supplements that I bought at Target. You’re supposed to take one pill two times a day. Sometimes I remember to take two pills a day and other days I just take one (rarely, I forgot to take them at all).  Last week I noticed my hair feeling much fuller. My boyfriend and coworkers can see the difference too. I have a lot of short flyaways now. I hope post this helps someone else :) 

Oh interesting! Glad that had been working out for you. Viviscal has biotin which makes me break out though, argghh.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:29 PM, valorous said:

Oh interesting! Glad that had been working out for you. Viviscal has biotin which makes me break out though, argghh.

I just checked and it’s only 120 mcg of biotin (40 % of your daily value). I am very acne prone and have not noticed an increase in acne since starting Viviscal a few months ago. I do get about one pimple break out per month but it seems to correlate with my menstrual cycle. 

when I stopped b5 I was worried my cystic acne  would return but it’s hasn’t yet. I did notice my skin started to get very oily again within weeks of stopping b5 (it was very oily before I started b5). I have consistently been using Panoxyl 10% on my face and body for over a year now and I think that’s helped keep my acne from returning. I watch a dermatologist on YouTube named Dr. dray who shares amazing tips.