Notifications
Clear all

Dairy & Acne. Timeframe?

MemberMember
(@sillygirlface)

Posted : 12/12/2012 6:44 pm

How long after cutting out dairy from your diet would you see improvement in your skin?

I am asking because I have made a few changes over the last few weeks. Like the cleanser I am using and the makeup I am wearing etc. Though the most recent change was cutting out dairy but its only been a week and I am seeing a big improvement. Though I'm not sure if it is actually cutting out dairy that is the reason for improvement. I'm not sure if its possible for a change to happen so fast?

MemberMember
(@onlyskindeep)

Posted : 12/13/2012 4:57 am

Well for me, I saw immediate results.

MemberMember
(@sillygirlface)

Posted : 12/13/2012 5:12 am

thank you. I think I will stick with it and see if it keeps improving. :)

MemberMember
(@bsdetector)

Posted : 12/14/2012 9:20 pm

I consumed no dairy whatsoever my freshman year in college and that was when my acne was at its absolute worst.

MemberMember
(@spirit77)

Posted : 12/15/2012 4:08 pm

Hi there , just letting you know my experience was a big improvement by week one in which no more cysts were sprouting , but try and give everything at least 2 months to know for sure and the slowly drop one thing at a time . For me no dairy was my end all be all cure , i am on month 5 and have been clear since i quit dairy - good luck :)

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 12/15/2012 4:12 pm

It depends if dairy is one of your main sources of sugar, and how well you digest it.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/15/2012 4:28 pm

If it's an allergy for you, you will probably see improvements soon. But you may have other allergies that are still breaking you out, or you may be breaking out for other reasons, so it's difficult to tell. It takes some serious controlled experimentation to figure this stuff out.