Notifications
Clear all

At My Wits End With Claravis (Accutane)

MemberMember
(@somethingboutnat)

Posted : 12/12/2012 10:49 am

I am currently on my 19 weeks of Claravis and I take 80 mg of Claravis a day (2x40 mg a day)

(side note, this is my second time taking Claravis and the first time I was clear within a month)

I have the WORST acne of my life right now and I'm at the point of breaking down...

I had mild acne, maybe one or two and that was my worst, so I was prescribed Claravis to just clear all of it up...

Not only did it NOT clear it up it made my face WORSE....I have a cluster of cystic acne on my cheeks and forehead...

Did I just spend all that money to not have it work? All that time and patience out the window??

I'm just frustrated and need to vent to people who would understand, hopefully....

When did your accutane start kicking in?? Any late bloomers like me??

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 12/12/2012 1:00 pm

I am on week#13 and I recently broke out with 4-5 decent size pimples. Nothing like what you described. I had relatively clear skin on month 2 but not so much in month 3.

MemberMember
(@tommyc38)

Posted : 12/13/2012 12:38 am

Hang in there. I was on accutane 5 years ago for like 4 months or so. My face broke out basically nonstop. It was absolutely terrible!!! However, two weeks after I stopped all my acne vanished and by the end of the month didn't have a mark on it. Sometimes, unfortunately it acts this way. I'm on it again for a full 6 months and am like 42 days in. This time my face is basically clear, although I just got a big lip zit the other day that really sucks. Aside from that my face just has some red marks and one bump that won't ever seem to go away. I am really hoping im clear by the end of the month...right now I just want a smooth face. Anyways, I would tough out the rest of your treatment. Looking back, I wish I would have gone another two months because I really think it might have made a better difference in the long run. This time, I have already decided that no matter what, I am going to the finish line and then will hopefully not have to EVER take this crap ever again. Again, I know exactly how you feel but trust me, you need to stick it out!!

MemberMember
(@lainwired80)

Posted : 12/13/2012 6:28 pm

will you describe in more details what your skin was like before accutane?

MemberMember
(@freeas4bird)

Posted : 12/13/2012 7:35 pm

i understand that dear,

but i suppose this is what its expected. i understand that it gets worst before it gets better.

at the moment starting tomorrow i am on week 6 and my skin has NEVER looked so bad,. I KNOW its because of accutane as when i started i was going through a good spell.

i know it gets to u especially if people keep refering to it but be strong and KEEP writting here how u feel, even if u think its gibberish, we that are going through the same journey understand. u should read on how i was reving about my dermatologist googleing in front of me what meds to give me. aggggggggg. people!!

MemberMember
(@somethingboutnat)

Posted : 12/14/2012 10:34 am

will you describe in more details what your skin was like before accutane?

My skin was definitely combination skin oily around my nose and then dry on random spots on my face (mostly my chin though)

I didn't have cystic acne, I had these under the skin bumps which the dermatologist would have to extract and take out...it was a hard white ball that would come out and I only had that around my mouth/chin. So my derm. recommended accutane to git rid of the problem, but now I am cystic acne and it's just horrible and demoralizing ):

MemberMember
(@lainwired80)

Posted : 12/14/2012 6:42 pm

that scares me .. since I am about the same skin type as u. one or two cysts once in a while only. and im starting accutane today.

MemberMember
(@somethingboutnat)

Posted : 12/15/2012 9:34 am

that scares me .. since I am about the same skin type as u. one or two cysts once in a while only. and im starting accutane today.

The first month or so will be hard but you just have to be patient...even though it can be REALLY hard sometimes...like myself right now...

Get LOTS of lip balm and moisture....your face will be super dry

UPDATE: So the cluster of cystic acne is going away (at a VERY glacial pace though) but in that cluster one more cystic bump will pop up and somewhere around my mouth as well....

): I just want this to be over

Tired of having nasty embarrassing skin...