Notifications
Clear all

Working Out.

MemberMember
(@poeticphantom)

Posted : 12/10/2012 8:40 am

So past 2 months I've been using Clean n Clear 3-in-1 advantage cleanser morning/evening.

Morning I use it, then go to school and then after I go to the gym and then I get home shower and apply it again.

I've come to a serious and questionable conclusion that maybe me working out and sweating with the cleanser in my skin is breaking me out even more... Can anyone confirm on this or something?

I don't wipe my face after the gym nor wash it. I just go directly home which takes 30-40 minutes and shower immediately.

Is it bad to workout with a cleanser in your face? It has BP, but you rinse it off.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/10/2012 9:14 am

Many will argue that the increase of testosterone from working out MAY cause further break outs.

However i would argue many people rub and irritate their faces when in the gym. Have you made the effort not rub your skin with a towel or to touch your face with dirty hands?

This may be an issue. Certainly know it is for me.

What is your diet like? This may be causing further outbreaks.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/10/2012 11:47 am

I noticed that i wash my face alot when i workout. So make sure not to do that. Try to only shower 1 time a day and thats after you have been sweating.

MemberMember
(@poeticphantom)

Posted : 12/10/2012 2:25 pm

Many will argue that the increase of testosterone from working out MAY cause further break outs.

However i would argue many people rub and irritate their faces when in the gym. Have you made the effort not rub your skin with a towel or to touch your face with dirty hands?

This may be an issue. Certainly know it is for me.

What is your diet like? This may be causing further outbreaks.

I don't touch my face at all at the gym nor wash or use a cloth.

My diet consists of little dairy, protein whey, grilled chicken, brown rice, tiny soup, once each 3 weeks or so o eat soup, fruits such as apples/grapes/bananaa and vegetables like bell peppers, lettuce, pickles, lots of cucumbers, broccoli, whole wheat only grains, lots of water.

No fries food, no sugars like candy cookies cake etc, no juice, no white bread.I eat only whole wheat.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/11/2012 7:16 pm

What is tiny soup? Tinned soup? those are rarely good. And have you tried avoiding grains, especially wheat? Do you have digestion issues? Allergies?

MemberMember
(@poeticphantom)

Posted : 12/12/2012 9:23 am

Homemade healthy soup. No I don't avoid wheat.

I eat whole wheat 2-3G a day. 1-2 bagels a day and rice there and there and noodles.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/12/2012 11:37 am

I eat whole wheat 2-3G a day. 1-2 bagels a day and rice there and there and noodles.

Then you should try it.

And do you mean you have whole wheat in whatever form, plus the bagels? That's a lot. Bagels are a really dense source of refined carbs grains.

MemberMember
(@poeticphantom)

Posted : 12/12/2012 10:48 pm

Then you should try it.

And do you mean you have whole wheat in whatever form, plus the bagels? That's a lot. Bagels are a really dense source of refined carbs grains.

Yes. Whole wheat bagels, loafs, slices, rice.

MemberMember
(@remyhelps123)

Posted : 12/23/2012 5:34 am

Whey protein has almost always given me breakouts in the past..

Maybe you could try removing it for a little while to see if it makes a difference in your skin. :)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/23/2012 10:29 am

I would definitely try avoiding the wheat. You're hurting your body with all that wheat anyway.