Notifications
Clear all

Very Important For Spiro Users -- Your Dose Is Probably Too High!

MemberMember
(@talenaabrams)

Posted : 12/07/2012 5:11 pm

I posted in another topic about how Spiro worked wonderfully for me but also ruined my health. Well I've been doing tons of research on it, and I'm ignoring all of the random information Google brings up which mostly leads to topics here, and instead going off of actual medical research. Here's what I've found:

The typical dosage of Spiro it takes to CLEAR ACNE is 50-200mg/day. I personally became clear on 75mg.

But here's the important part: "After a desired endpoint of control of acne lesion flaring has been reached, maintenance doses of spironolactone typically range from 25 to 50mg daily. "

Once you're clear, which seems to happen in a few months, you should DECREASE YOUR DOSAGE.

If anyone wants to read the full study, you can find it here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3315877/

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 12/07/2012 6:29 pm

Appreciate the info!

MemberMember
(@julisss)

Posted : 12/08/2012 11:18 am

From what I've read, many people attempted to lower the dosage and started breaking out again :(

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 12/12/2012 3:35 pm

^^ this.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 6:18 pm

Works for some, doesn't work for me. I've tried several times to taper down my dose, acne always comes back when I do.