Burning Red Patches

Notifications
Clear all

Burning Red Patches

MemberMember
(@brittanymelinda)

Posted : 11/26/2012 8:48 am

I have been using the regimen for almost a year now and it's done amazing things for my acne. A few weeks ago I woke up and my skin was dry burning and cracking only around my chin and corners of my mouth. I managed to get the cracking and flaking under control and it's gone away. I have stopped using the cleanser and BP on my chin in case that was causing the irritation but that's not it. My chin in dark red and burns when I put moisturizer on it. It will not go away I have no idea what to do? The rest of my face is fine and I have no problems with it, it's only my chin!

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/26/2012 9:48 am

It's possible it may be a new allergy. Check the obvious - new chin irritations? (Like a new lotion that you put on your hands and then rest your hands on your chin?) I'm not sure what else it could be, but someone else will be able to hop in here and give you good advice!

MemberMember
(@brittanymelinda)

Posted : 11/27/2012 6:07 pm

i dont think it is an allergic reaction because its only localized on my chin and no where else on my face. i'm just washing my chin with water i'm not using the clenser or the BP any more just the moisturizer. If any one has a similar experience and got rid of it please let me know any help is greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/27/2012 6:28 pm

I would say it might be the moisturiser, sometimes it can cause burning as it's interacting with the BP, maybe try it without using the moisturiser see how that goes. Also, when this has happened to me, I've stopped using the BP for a few days to let my skin go better as I've noticed when I've applied creams in the past it has burned me but I think that was because I was just starting them. But yeah, try BP for a few days without moisturiser and see how that goes maybe! :)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 11/27/2012 11:58 pm

This happens to me on occassion too, and i've been using the regimen for over a year now. I find that if I lay off the BP in those areas and apply moisturiser a few times a day to the red patches it goes away and I can start using BP all over my face again. Not sure why it happens but its not pleasant.

MemberMember
(@brittanymelinda)

Posted : 12/06/2012 9:39 am

I've tried both methods. I've tried not using bp and just moisturizer, but I can't stop using the moisturizer because my skin gets soooo dry around my chin it starts to flake immediately after the BP is dried. I make sure I'm extra gentle around the area. It's been over a month that ie been dealing with this same red path around my chin. I'm trying to wait it out, but I'm just not sure if it's going to go away!

And I really appreciate all of your replies thank you so much. Makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one. How long did It take for it to go away for you?

MemberMember
(@brittanymelinda)

Posted : 12/07/2012 8:38 am

I also want to add that I have found out that it is the moisturizer causing the redness and burning sensation, thank you for pointing that out!!I would stop using it but I'm not sure what else to use? Without the moisturizer my skin starts to flake where it's irritated, has anyone used anything else besides the Acneorg moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@brittanymelinda)

Posted : 12/09/2012 9:51 pm

Since my last post I've tried a few different moisturizers and all of them do the same thing, burning sensation in only my chin area.....not sure what to do!