Notifications
Clear all

Eating Better, Rougher Skin?

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/25/2012 8:32 am

I've begun eating better and drinking more water the last couple of weeks. Cut out soda entirely and cut waaaaay back sugar, cut down on carbs, drinking five or so glasses of water a day. I've also been exercising more. All of this is great and I fully intend to keep doing so, but I've noticed my skin texture is actually rougher and dryer than it was a few weeks ago.

I don't have the cash right now, but for when I do, what supplements should I consider for softening my skin???

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/25/2012 10:41 am

I have a very clean diet too but i have experienced the opposite. My skin is so soft i cant believe it. It feels so good when i wash my face.

MemberMember
(@xxmarkesiaxx)

Posted : 11/25/2012 11:06 am

Try to clean your face with oatmeal. It will give you a temporary relief and it will make your skin feeling so soft and calm. At least for me it work wonders and it's a very cheap and easy remedy. Until you got the money to spend on supplements that, I believe will do the trick from the inside.

So, what I do is taking a handful of oatmeal and mix it in a cup with a big spoon of hot water. I blend until the oatmeal makes the water look like milk. I add some more warm water and use the liquid first all over my face. Like a serum. Then I use the oatmeal, which is now soft and ''juicy'' and splash with lots of lukewarm water right after. I apply a gentle moisturizer and instantly my skin is softer and smoother.

I hope it will help.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/25/2012 12:22 pm

BTW. i use olive oil and only wash my face everynight. Maybe its the olive oil i don't know.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/25/2012 2:44 pm

I've begun eating better and drinking more water the last couple of weeks. Cut out soda entirely and cut waaaaay back sugar, cut down on carbs, drinking five or so glasses of water a day. I've also been exercising more. All of this is great and I fully intend to keep doing so, but I've noticed my skin texture is actually rougher and dryer than it was a few weeks ago.

I don't have the cash right now, but for when I do, what supplements should I consider for softening my skin???

]

EFA's, EFA's, EFA's! Essential Fatty Acid's are what naturally moisturizes and softens your skin. Get some liquid flax seed oil in a bottle and take 3 tablespoons with every meal. You can also buy the gel capsules and take 3 of those per meal if you're out and about.

Also make sure to be getting all 90 of the essential vitamins and minerals your body needs! I would also recommend 80 billion probiotics daily. And last but not least Whey Protein; it has all the amino acids you need, which will help repair your gut, and also help resist sugar cravings. If you need help with brands shoot me a message. Peace!

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/26/2012 7:56 am

Thank you guys so much for your suggestions! These are really great. I have the oatmeal at home, so I can do that today. And the vitamins and Whey Protein can be acquired next payday. I really need something to help change up this skin problem, so thank you guys so much!!!!