Notifications
Clear all

Day 1 - Apple Cider Vinegar

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/24/2012 12:34 pm

Hi everyone, going to be using this thread to update my progress on using Apple Cider Vinegar. After reading into it and seeing how much it has helped people, I've decided to give it a ago!

Will be applying later tonight! smile.png

EDIT: Just applied, it smells haha!

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/24/2012 1:33 pm

Ok, my face has gone really red.. Do not know why.

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 11/24/2012 1:54 pm

Did you dilute the ACV? Or put it on full strength? I would recommend diluting it 50% water to 50% ACV for safe measures. Maybe dilute it even more so your skin doesn't get too irritated :)

Also, if you're wearing it during the daytime don't forget sunscreen! ACV is an AHA so the sun can make your acne/ acne marks darker! I usually put it on as a toner at night

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/24/2012 2:07 pm

Did you dilute the ACV? Or put it on full strength? I would recommend diluting it 50% water to 50% ACV for safe measures. Maybe dilute it even more so your skin doesn't get too irritated smile.png

Also, if you're wearing it during the daytime don't forget sunscreen! ACV is an AHA so the sun can make your acne/ acne marks darker! I usually put it on as a toner at night

Nope I didn't dilute it, how do I dilute it? Sounds silly but how do you dilute it if you're applying tropical? I'm wearing it of a night, it's night time here so I've not long put it on. Is it okay to use BP after usage or should I leave it of for tonight as the ACV has made my face red? It doesn't burn just really red lol.. oops!? smile.png

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 11/24/2012 2:24 pm

Like let's say you add a tablespoon of ACV to a bowl, to dilute it add a tablespoon of water! Pretty simple Ohhhh lol I think you should skip the bp for now, let your skin calm down ;)

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/24/2012 2:30 pm

Like let's say you add a tablespoon of ACV to a bowl, to dilute it add a tablespoon of water! Pretty simple �� Ohhhh lol I think you should skip the bp for now, let your skin calm down wink.png

Okay that seems simple! Thank you :) How long will the redness take to go down? It won't last for days will it lol?

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 11/24/2012 2:34 pm

You're welcome! Hmm maybe by the time you sleep and wake up in the morning it should go down. If its still red in the morning skip the ACV, you may have had a reaction to it. In that case, discontinue use until your skin is no longer red and try again. If it happens again then you know it doesn't suit you:) also, instead of putting on your whole face you can just spot treat!!

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/24/2012 2:41 pm

Okay thank you, hopefully it is gone in the morning. Yeah, I just applied to where affected the most. I'll dilute it next time I use! :)

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 11/24/2012 3:09 pm

Okie awesome good luck!

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/25/2012 11:43 am

Applied to my face just before and diluted it. Face hasn't gone red this time! :)

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 11/25/2012 12:24 pm

Yay! :)

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/27/2012 2:43 pm

4th day of using Apple Cider Vinegar, my redness is reducing! My face doesn't seem as red as it normally is so i'm guessing something is working!? :) Hoping it continues to stay like this

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/27/2012 2:51 pm

Apple cider vinegar is the bomb. I recommend it more for mild to moderate acne, not moderate to severe. And yes- definitely dilute it. Good luck....and here's a tip...drink a diluted version before every meal!!! That will help your skin more than topically wink.png

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/27/2012 2:55 pm

Apple cider vinegar is the bomb. I recommend it more for mild to moderate acne, not moderate to severe. And yes- definitely dilute it. Good luck....and here's a tip...drink a diluted version before every meal!!! That will help your skin more than topically wink.png

That's really good to know, my acne isn't severe I would say it's moderate but on the bad end of that scale. Yeah, I've been diluting it ever since I didn't and my face went like a tomato lol smile.png I was worried about drinking it just incase it breaks me out real bad.. don't think I can handle another breakout, now that I'm getting it under control also thanks for the luck! :)

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/27/2012 2:57 pm

That's really good to know, my acne isn't severe I would say it's moderate but on the bad end of that scale. Yeah, I've been diluting it ever since I didn't and my face went like a tomato lol smile.png I was worried about drinking it just incase it breaks me out real bad.. don't think I can handle another breakout, now that I'm getting it under control also thanks for the luck! smile.png

Do not worry about ACV breaking you out when taking it internally. There is probably a 1% chance of that, and that would be due to you being allergic. I recommend it because it aids in digestion (improper digestion is a main cause of acne), and it enhances the mucosal lining of the intestines (which helps heal leaky gut, which causes acne). It is also a great source of vitamins, it will naturally lower cholesterol, and after a while, it can even out your hormone levels. It is truly a miracle in a bottle and make SURE you are using the "Braggs Organic" brand. Shake it before each use.

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/27/2012 3:02 pm

That's really good to know, my acne isn't severe I would say it's moderate but on the bad end of that scale. Yeah, I've been diluting it ever since I didn't and my face went like a tomato lol smile.png I was worried about drinking it just incase it breaks me out real bad.. don't think I can handle another breakout, now that I'm getting it under control also thanks for the luck! smile.png

Do not worry about ACV breaking you out when taking it internally. There is probably a 1% chance of that, and that would be due to you being allergic. I recommend it because it aids in digestion (improper digestion is a main cause of acne), and it enhances the mucosal lining of the intestines (which helps heal leaky gut, which causes acne). It is also a great source of vitamins, it will naturally lower cholesterol, and after a while, it can even out your hormone levels. It is truly a miracle in a bottle and make SURE you are using the "Braggs Organic" brand. Shake it before each use.

I think I will try it one day! Thanks for the heads up, is that what was causing your acne internal stuff? I do think acne is due to internal stuff but it's just finding out what in the individual. I'm just using one from Holland & Barrett, defiantly not Braggs Organic though! Did the Apple Cider Vinegar help you in the end too then I'm guessing?! :)

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 11/28/2012 1:58 pm

I've been using acv for 3 months now. Originally for dermatitis, I stuck with it because it made my skin "glow" it really does work for pimples! I told my mom ( she only has a few spots) and it worked for hers as well. Acv can work for acne, dermaitis, facial warts, and for me oily skin!

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/28/2012 2:14 pm

I think I will try it one day! Thanks for the heads up, is that what was causing your acne internal stuff? I do think acne is due to internal stuff but it's just finding out what in the individual. I'm just using one from Holland & Barrett, defiantly not Braggs Organic though! Did the Apple Cider Vinegar help you in the end too then I'm guessing?! smile.png

The skin is an organ. When our skin is damaged or inflamed, it is an external sign that something is going wrong on the inside, whether it be hormone levels, vitamin imbalance, food intolerance, insulin resistance or cholesterol, leaky gut and poor digestion, or chronic candida and acidity. Regardless of the internal problem, though, we can fix every single one through diet. And the diet protocol to fix each of these issues is the same: The Paleo diet. Eat the way our ancestors ate, and you wont have issues. Indigenous cultures today do not have acne.

ACV helped me all throughout my healing and I am nowhere near done healing. But, it is an essential and daily part of my "remedy." I no longer apply it topically because I switched back over to BP while I heal the inside stuff, but when I've gone three months on my new diet and taking ACV with every meal, I will go off BP and start using ACV on my face again. And yes, the Braggs organic brand is important to get!

MemberMember
(@forquestions)

Posted : 12/02/2012 11:40 am

Good luck with the AVC! I've been using it for YEARS and it's a miracle. It's probably the one thing in my regimen that keeps my face completely clear. However I don't use Bragg's, I personally hate it. It broke me out a LOT. I use Spectrum Organic Unfiltered AVC.