Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Else Had A Blood Clot From Bcp?

MemberMember
(@adhpn7)

Posted : 11/16/2012 5:23 pm

Hi there =)

Two years ago I was on BCP and it cleared up my acne wonderfully. I was on a combo of spiro and bcp and using epiduo and finacea gel. I have hormonal nodule cystic acne in my cheeks and jaw area.

Unfortunately, I had a blood clot in my right subclavian vein and I had to be put off of BCP. (I don't smoke, and I regularly exercise) So, Now, my acne has came back with a vengeance I've been on everything but accutane.( they do not want me on accutane due to medical reasons) I was wondering, if there are any other ladies who have been on BCP but had to get off of it and what are you taking now? I don't know if I should go back on spiro, but I'm already on so many medications as it is. I have also taken everything, doxycycline, tetracycline, bactrim, and ect..

Any advice will help =) thankyou!

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/16/2012 5:35 pm

I had a migraine which completley paralyzed the left side of my body whilst on BC. The doctor said I was at risk of a stroke and took me off it. Now I use herbal supplements like agnus castus, evening primrose oil, zinc, B vitmain complex, Vitamin C, DIM plus, omega 3 fish oil.

MemberMember
(@katelibby)

Posted : 11/16/2012 7:33 pm

Hi there =)

Two years ago I was on BCP and it cleared up my acne wonderfully. I was on a combo of spiro and bcp and using epiduo and finacea gel. I have hormonal nodule cystic acne in my cheeks and jaw area.

Unfortunately, I had a blood clot in my right subclavian vein and I had to be put off of BCP. (I don't smoke, and I regularly exercise) So, Now, my acne has came back with a vengeance I've been on everything but accutane.( they do not want me on accutane due to medical reasons) I was wondering, if there are any other ladies who have been on BCP but had to get off of it and what are you taking now? I don't know if I should go back on spiro, but I'm already on so many medications as it is. I have also taken everything, doxycycline, tetracycline, bactrim, and ect..

Any advice will help =) thankyou!

What brand bcp were you on if you don't mind me asking? I haven't seen anything about spiro that is associated with blood clots but of course check with your doctor. Spiro is probably going to be your best option.

MemberMember
(@adhpn7)

Posted : 11/16/2012 8:11 pm

omg, that sounds so scary with the stroke! i am so sorry. =(

and i'm sorry, i really do not remember what kind I was on, I just know it was a generic version of something... I think maybe something called dianette? Not sure, but it would probably be a good idea for me to go back on spiro.