Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Connor Cliche

Silica Powder To Cover Up Shininess?

Alright, I'm a dude that has been on the regimen for roughly three years. It's great. I love it.

My skin, however, in my T-Zone is very, very oily. I often have a nice sheen going on roughly two or three hours after I've done my rendition of the regimen prior to my shower. I read somewhere that in order to control glare, one can apply pure silica powder? I haven't heard of this from anyone or anything reputable but I'm just wondering what you guys would recommend.

If anything, I'd love for whatever you're recommending to be all-natural and preferrably not makeup. I am in college and would love to save myself the embarrassment and shame of carrying around a little powder case of makeup to cover up my oily skin. Currently I am caring around blotting sheets just to absorb any additional oil, but I want to deal with it before it happens so I can go about my day confidently.

Does anyone know where to order any silica power? Or any non-comedogenic oil absorbing powder? Something of the sort? What do you do to manage excess oil?

Thanks!

Connor

Alright, I'm a dude that has been on the regimen for roughly three years. It's great. I love it.

My skin, however, in my T-Zone is very, very oily. I often have a nice sheen going on roughly two or three hours after I've done my rendition of the regimen prior to my shower. I read somewhere that in order to control glare, one can apply pure silica powder? I haven't heard of this from anyone or anything reputable but I'm just wondering what you guys would recommend.

If anything, I'd love for whatever you're recommending to be all-natural and preferrably not makeup. I am in college and would love to save myself the embarrassment and shame of carrying around a little powder case of makeup to cover up my oily skin. Currently I am caring around blotting sheets just to absorb any additional oil, but I want to deal with it before it happens so I can go about my day confidently.

Does anyone know where to order any silica power? Or any non-comedogenic oil absorbing powder? Something of the sort? What do you do to manage excess oil?

Thanks!

Connor

Sulfur powder actually is best. Mario badescu makes one http://www.mariobadescu.com/Special-Healing-Powder and so does clinique. There are probably other ones out there too but you just dab a little on your oily areas and it sucks it right up! Reduces redness as well and helps with healing breakouts. It's also not considered makeup.