Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swj48

Third Time Is A Charm

starting the regimen for the third time. ive done it two separate times already and ended up quitting each time. first time i did it for over 6 months, got completely clear, slowly weened off the bp, then got down to cleansing and moisturizing with spot treatment at night before bed if needed. i did that for about 3 months and was happy with my skin still and glad to be off the regimen because the amount of time it saved me was awesome, then decided i wanted to grow a beard for the first time and i figured i would just have to do it and find out if it made my acne worse... and it did. after about 6 weeks of beard growing, i shaved it off, and started the regimen because i had broken out pretty bad underneath all the hair and i wanted to clear it up quick. this time i really only did the regimen for about a month, and it got me about 90% clear, which was good enough for me, so i went back to what i was doing after i weened off the regimen the first time. but now, it isnt working as well. been doing it for about a month and a half and i am breaking out worse than i have since before starting the regimen originally. dont have the time nor the desire to spend money on a derm, so here i go again. third time on the regimen starting tonight. might stick with it for awhile again and then slowly ween off like i did the first time i quit. that seemed to work for me. definitely wont be trying to grow a beard again though thats for sure lol that just effed everything up. the regimen definitely works but i still am so back and forth because of the many downsides. oh well. we'll see how it goes this time around. setting a goal to stick with it for at least 3 months before i think about weening off the bp again. i just needa find that place i was in after i quit the first time. gotta get clear first though, and the regimen is the only thing that can do that for me.